PDA

View Full Version : Loose Z motor pak

fwharris
07-24-2008, 05:52 PM
About 80% into my "bad day hunting" carve the bit started going deeper and deeper. Aborted out, checked the bit and adapter (all ok). Moved the Z truck and it sounded like gears stripping and grinding. WTF?

I had just put the new one in 2 weeks ago.

After taking the cover off the first thing I checked was the Z motor. It was very loose were the Z motor pak attached to the Z truck.

What I found was the 2 screws that attach the Z pak to the gear box were loose causing the gears not to line up..

Sent a note and pictures off to LHR support. Will lock tite the screws and put it back together.

I guess it wasn't a "good day" for carving either!!

snood56
07-24-2008, 06:44 PM
I hear ya! My Z-truck bearings just came loose 12 carve hours after coming back from CW. I now have to send it back again!!! Hope Thomas gets a desk job.

eromran
07-25-2008, 07:02 AM
I noticed in your picture you left the small harness on that goes though the housing where the cut motor attaches. I was told to take mine off to keep it from getting hung up on something since it is no longer used.

fwharris
07-25-2008, 10:14 AM
I noticed in your picture you left the small harness on that goes though the housing where the cut motor attaches. I was told to take mine off to keep it from getting hung up on something since it is no longer used.

Ed,

Good eyes bud!

I did take it off after I took the picture. As soon as I found the problem I wanted to get some pictures taken for LHR.

Prior to that I had just taped it off behind the housing. It was easy to remove, steady pulling pressure and it pulled right off.

bobi
07-28-2008, 09:03 PM
About 80% into my "bad day hunting" carve the bit started going deeper and deeper. Aborted out, checked the bit and adapter (all ok). Moved the Z truck and it sounded like gears stripping and grinding. WTF?

I had just put the new one in 2 weeks ago.

After taking the cover off the first thing I checked was the Z motor. It was very loose were the Z motor pak attached to the Z truck.

What I found was the 2 screws that attach the Z pak to the gear box were loose causing the gears not to line up..

Sent a note and pictures off to LHR support. Will lock tite the screws and put it back together.

I guess it wasn't a "good day" for carving either!!

Yep, I think Thomas had a bad day tightening those Z-motor screws, Z-module I got 2 weeks ago came apart about an hour after installation.