PDA

View Full Version : Trellis

Cbrown
07-24-2008, 12:21 PM
Has anyone ever seen a trellis pattern. Did a search of the pattern store and the forums, but didnt find anything. Thanks

cnsranch
07-24-2008, 03:23 PM
That's a great idea - never thought of it.

Take a look at the attached jpeg. Some time back someone shared this mpc (can't remember who it was) it's an excellent example of what you can do with the patterns that come standard with the CW.

Obviously, too intricate for a trellis (unless your Greek), but I think you get the idea.

The mpc file is over 1.2mb, I tried zipping it, didn't make a difference - I can't attach it. Haven't figured that part of this mystery out yet.

I also searched the forum for you, can't seem to come up with the mpc.

atauer
07-24-2008, 03:28 PM
Gentlemen,

I do not know of any trellis patterns being available. But there is a pierced cut-out sample project in the software that you can modify if you wish. simply go to the "Help" menu and click on the "Sample Projects" option. It will open showing the samples available. You will be looking for the winds grill.

CNS, that project looks very detailed and appears to take along time to carve. Wonder if the original poster will put up pictures of the finished project?

Ken Massingale
07-24-2008, 03:57 PM
Being used to trellis's that are lattice or spread strips, I was having trouble picturing what may be practical to do with the CW.

Google found this one which has possibilities, but it's called Outdoor Wallpaper. Some others at artshole.co.uk

http://www.artshole.co.uk/arts/artists/susan%20Bradley/Outdoor-Wallpaper---trellis.jpg

cnsranch
07-24-2008, 04:05 PM
I wish I'd have jotted the name down - one of those days when I was surfing thru and found it. The design is really intricate, a lot of time went in to it.

atauer
07-24-2008, 04:11 PM
Shouldn't be too hard to create. Looks pretty detailed, but i'm sure that the machine will be able to create something like it.

Thanks for the pic ken. Get's the old gears in my head moving. Just had an idea. Will post something a little later if i can get time to put it together.

Being used to trellis's that are lattice or spread strips, I was having trouble picturing what may be practical to do with the CW.

Google found this one which has possibilities, but it's called Outdoor Wallpaper. Some others at artshole.co.uk

http://www.artshole.co.uk/arts/artists/susan%20Bradley/Outdoor-Wallpaper---trellis.jpg

Cbrown
07-24-2008, 11:35 PM
I thought I was looking for a trellis pattern, for a sign. Now ya'll have gone and made me add another thing to try on the cw :p Just did a search on the web, and realized, i was mistaken. The name is an arbor, or garden arbor. Thanks for all the responses though, have given me another item to think about making.