PDA

View Full Version : Downdraft the way to go

cnsranch
07-24-2008, 10:57 AM
Thanks for all the threads re downdraft tables. I added some ducting to my table - what a difference! The only sawdust I had to keep clean during a 10 hour carve this last weekend was on the part of the board already out of the machine!

For those looking to add downdraft, I read a thread last week (sorry, can't remember whose) that emphatically stated that you need to seal the area only around the opening under the machine. Don't allow your vac to pull from the entire underneath of your CW, the "computer" apparently pulls its air from below, so it needs to be able to draft it.

fwharris
07-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Now this is sucken! Great job!

Great shot of the shop also. LOOK AT ALL THAT ROOM!

wlp
07-24-2008, 12:06 PM
Wow, that looks great. I'm jealous of all your space.

I'm about to fabricate some sort of downdraft for my machine in the next week or two.

Bill

cnsranch
07-24-2008, 12:15 PM
I got real lucky - my lovely wife let me build my dream shop last year - the front is my "avatar", here are a couple more from the front porch (this is about the only part of eastern Kansas that's not flattttt).

60x40, eventually I'll split it with a divider wall, 1/2 for toys and tractors, the other that you see for wood.

MikeMcCoy
07-24-2008, 12:20 PM
Now this is sucken! Great job!

Great shot of the shop also. LOOK AT ALL THAT ROOM!

Ditto the above and I am envious of the space. Now that is just showing off. :)

Kenm810
07-24-2008, 12:42 PM
Nice looking Shop with plenty of elbow room to swing a tool or two,
Also great photos of your view --wow!

Back in (1964) I was stationed and working in the Hospital at Fort Riley Kansas Army Base.
That must have been in one of the really Flat parts of Kansas,
You could watch your Dog running away from home for three day! http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_confused.gif

castingman
07-24-2008, 04:23 PM
Cnsranch,

Nice shop , Doe's it get a little cool in the winter ?

Michael

cnsranch
07-24-2008, 04:57 PM
I've got a pellet stove that does a fair job - once I get the divider wall up it will be much better.

It gets in the 20's in the winter, was 98 the other day.

Steven Alford
07-26-2008, 05:21 PM
wood shop??

Our local skating rink is not that big!!

Steve