PDA

View Full Version : cut paths

Paul Brown
07-23-2008, 09:21 PM
Got a question, maybe someone can explain. I copied and read and have just about figured most of it out. The tuitorial on patterns that overhand on the edge of a sign. When i try to select both the oval and the fish pattern to use the outline tool on, one of them always disappears. I click on the second one and the first will go away. Can someone help me out on this one. Please? Don't know if I'm just missing a step or my designer isn't working right. I think it my be the operator here. Thanks in advance. Stumped and frustrated. Paul Brown.

roughcut
07-23-2008, 09:38 PM
goto edit and click select all :) :)

mtylerfl
07-23-2008, 09:49 PM
Got a question, maybe someone can explain. I copied and read and have just about figured most of it out. The tuitorial on patterns that overhand on the edge of a sign. When i try to select both the oval and the fish pattern to use the outline tool on, one of them always disappears. I click on the second one and the first will go away. Can someone help me out on this one. Please? Don't know if I'm just missing a step or my designer isn't working right. I think it my be the operator here. Thanks in advance. Stumped and frustrated. Paul Brown.

Hello Paul,

Hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard while clicking on each object one after another. This allows you to select multiple objects of your choosing (as opposed to the "select all" as suggested above). After you have selected all the objects you want/need, let go of the Ctrl key and select the Outline Tool.

Paul Brown
07-23-2008, 10:03 PM
Hey Michael, I sent ya a private message earlier in the day. I sure appreciate you taking the time for a reply. This forum sure is been a blessing. I have'nt had much time to play with the ole CC lately and miss the time with her. lol. Keep up the great work and your kindness is greatly appreciated, and I'm sure not by just me. Thanks again and God Bless you and your family. Sincerely, Paul Brown.

Paul Brown
07-23-2008, 10:09 PM
Hey roughcut, I appreciate your response also. Wasn't being rude, just didn't notice your post till after i replied to Michael. Thanks and God bless. Sincerely, Paul Brown