PDA

View Full Version : 1st Lithos

optionman
07-23-2008, 07:40 PM
Finally secured some .25in corian and have some finished projects worth displaying. learned a lot about keeping the machine free of dust (2 projects lost to sudden y-tract shift), that an air compressor is a must, and that corian is not perfectly flat. photos shown are back-lit with flor puck light or held in front of basement flourescent light.

P.S. has anyone used a mop sander on corian? does it do anything?

chips
07-23-2008, 07:46 PM
VERY nice work....looks like you got the hang of it. They make great gifts.

Kenm810
07-23-2008, 09:29 PM
optionman,

Really nice job on the Lithos, they look great.
I haven't used a sanding mop on mine yet, but I do give them a good rub down with a stiff scotch pad.
I also seal the front of mine with a couple coats of Krylon clear acrylic spray to sharpen the image a little.

Eagle Hollow
07-24-2008, 06:08 AM
Finally secured some .25in corian and have some finished projects worth displaying. learned a lot about keeping the machine free of dust (2 projects lost to sudden y-tract shift), that an air compressor is a must, and that corian is not perfectly flat. photos shown are back-lit with flor puck light or held in front of basement flourescent light.

P.S. has anyone used a mop sander on corian? does it do anything?

Optionman,

Nice lithos and nice looking subjects! Thanks for sharing.

I have found that a short bristled brass brush (like use to clean grates in the bar-b-que grill) does a very good job of increasing the visual acuity of my lithos. Brings out finest details you don't otherwise see.