PDA

View Full Version : Wellcome home explained

Baumer
07-22-2008, 06:58 PM
My son spent 22 months in training and deployment to Iraq. He just bought a house and it has been 1 year sence he returned from Iraq, so I had Steve W make this plaque for me to give to him for an anniversary and house warming present. My plan for the 3 picture on it is,,, Training, deployment, and home comeing.

1st plaque is,
1. Picture of the 4200+ men and women lined up to make the Red Bull Crest just days before they left. They used a helicopter to take the pic.
2. Him on his first mission somewhere out in the desert.
3. Home comeing hug from dear old Dad.

The other 2 plaques have the same theme, so I won't explain them except for his 21st birthday pic. He spent his 21st birthday over there without a real beer.

I want to thank Steve for the great job he did and wish him the best of luck in the future of wood carveing.

Steven Baumhover

ChrisAlb
07-22-2008, 07:43 PM
Steven,

They look nice but are too small to see. Open the files one at a time, Save them as jpeg but in the "save as" dialog box, change the quality (compression) to about 75 or 80%. Then they should be small enough to post, but big enough to see.

Looks Great though. Just want to see more of them...LOL

EDIT:

Like this one. Saved at 90% it's only 55kb. Well under the 119kb limit. But when you click it, it's BIG...lol

Still waiting for my nephew to come home. He's been there 4 cycles by his choice. Another 4 months and counting.......

Baumer
07-22-2008, 07:59 PM
Hope these are better.
Sorry

ChrisAlb
07-22-2008, 08:04 PM
Those are BEAUTIFUL Steven!! What a great tribute!

No need to be sorry...lol. It's great to see them up close! NICE WORK to you both!

mtylerfl
07-22-2008, 10:35 PM
Hope these are better.

You did a really terrific job - very nice indeed!

Eagle Hollow
07-23-2008, 07:35 AM
Hope these are better.
Sorry

Thanks for sharing...those are a great tribute as well as a great project. A big thank you to ALL those who serve this country.