PDA

View Full Version : outline only patterns with the probe?

supershingler
07-22-2008, 06:08 PM
is there a way to tell the probe to just scan the outside of a piece i want to copy.

my wife makes fence and railing sitters and most pieces are made out of 3/4" and 1/2 in pine

i would like to copy one i cut out on the bandsaw and use the cw to make multiple more instead of spending all my time at the bandsaw

any help is appreciated

kendall

Ron Baird
07-22-2008, 06:40 PM
Just scan a sample and put the scanned pattern in your favourites. Put the pattern on the project board and right click on it and choose outline pattern. select a cut path to cut it out then delete the pattern from the board and it will only cut the outline.

ChrisAlb
07-22-2008, 08:59 PM
is there a way to tell the probe to just scan the outside of a piece i want to copy.

my wife makes fence and railing sitters and most pieces are made out of 3/4" and 1/2 in pine

i would like to copy one i cut out on the bandsaw and use the cw to make multiple more instead of spending all my time at the bandsaw

any help is appreciated

kendall

Kendall,

How big are the parts? If scanning one would take a long time....

I would just take a nice straight on picture of it. Open that picture in almost any graphics application, convert to grayscale, delete the background and fill the center with a solid shade of gray. Convert it to 128 DPI and save as a PNG. Then import it and bingo, Instant pattern you can scale to size on the board.

The whole process would take me about 20 minutes.