PDA

View Full Version : Flashcard firmware

Amonaug
07-22-2008, 03:32 PM
How do you choose which version you want on the flashcard? When I select choose it asks for a .mwm file.

I have the PC with 1.130 and laptop with 1.126. Both cards have 1.130 because I used them both with the PC. I want to get 1 card back to 1.126. When I check the firmware on the laptop (1.126) it shows
default 1.126 loaded 1.130
Latest Firmware Choose Cancel

Problem is I have no idea where the .mwm file is or how to export it from the 1.126 version of designer.

EDIT: Well apparently the settings aren't too clear and assume you are UPGRADING and not DOWNGRADING. Latest Firmware will flash the card to the version of Designer that you are currently using, not necessarily the latest version available. Still would like to know about the .mwm files and choosing different versions.

ChrisAlb
07-22-2008, 03:56 PM
Kevin,

Yes the card will be flashed with whatever is installed.

But the mwm file should be in the Program Files/Carvewright directory.

Amonaug
07-22-2008, 05:16 PM
Kevin,

Yes the card will be flashed with whatever is installed.

But the mwm file should be in the Program Files/Carvewright directory.

Actually when I uploaded a file from the 1.126 software to the 1.13 flashcard it kept the 1.13 on the card.

The .mwm is control.mwm correct? So if I want to keep copies of versions I should make a copy somewhere and rename it something like 1.126control.mwm

ChrisAlb
07-22-2008, 05:41 PM
That doesn't seem right or I'm not understanding you. Whenever I go back and forth with the software. It flashes the card with whatever version I have installed. Done it many times and I will again tonight when I step back to 1.126.

Not sure what you meant about uploading a file from 1.126? I assume you mean you uploaded a project file? If so, that has nothing to do with flashing the card and would not change the "firmware" on the card. That has to be done through the flash manager.

Yes, Control is the file. All you have to do is make sub folders under CarveWright and save the different versions there. I name the folders the version #. Then when it asks you to choose, just navigate to those sub folders and pick the correct version.

Amonaug
07-22-2008, 11:38 PM
Yes I think there was some confusion. Are you saying it automatically flashes the card (which is what I assumed you meant) or you have to do it manually?

The reason I ask is when I UPDATED to 1.13 and it checked the firmware when I uploaded a project it automatically flashed the 1.126 card to 1.13. But when I did the same thing on the 1.126 machine it didn't revert the firmware back to 1.126, I had to do that manually.