PDA

View Full Version : carvewright booth louisville ky - july 27 1008

Imprint
07-22-2008, 09:35 AM
Does anyone have info on this convention. Difficult to gather info online. Has anyone been to one of these shows where the machine is in action and there are discounts available? I am in the Detroit area and would like to see a machine in action and talk to someone with "knowhow". I was thinking on driving to kentucky next week. Maybe there's even a better alternative.

Imprint
07-22-2008, 09:38 AM
err, 2008 - excuse me for the error.

mtylerfl
07-22-2008, 10:03 AM
Does anyone have info on this convention. Difficult to gather info online. Has anyone been to one of these shows where the machine is in action and there are discounts available? I am in the Detroit area and would like to see a machine in action and talk to someone with "knowhow". I was thinking on driving to kentucky next week. Maybe there's even a better alternative.

Hello,

You might want to give LHR a call to see if they have some more info for you regarding that show.

ph: 713-473-6545

...plus, http://wood-carving-machine-tips.com/index.html has several very nice videos of the machine in action. Should give you plenty of "mind candy" so you won't feel for some reason that you need to wait to see the machine in person before you are able to make a purchasing decision.

Also, you'll find all the "know how" you'll ever need, right here on the forum. There is a never-ending supply of friendly, experienced, helpful people that you will get to know and "love"!

cnsranch
07-22-2008, 10:15 AM
LHR is also on the Woodworking Shows tour - www.cms.woodworkingshows.com

for a schedule of where and when.

That's where I bought mine - KC last February. It was great, they spent all the time I wanted before I dropped the big dime. Well worth the time invested.

Also try youtube for video demonstrations.

Imprint
07-22-2008, 10:54 AM
I checked out LHR online - little luck. perhaps I will call direct.
Also -- that's cmsthewoodworkingshows.com - thanks for the link - although this site does not have this show listed. According to Carvewright's "events"
this is under "ACTE", but when I search their site -- again, not listed.
The mystery thickens.....

cnsranch
07-22-2008, 11:00 AM
Sales guys are always interested in making a sale (except for the guys that work for me)

Try an e-mail to sales@carvewright.com

They might be able to direct you further.

Imprint
07-22-2008, 11:05 AM
Great idea.

I called LHR - "Lexington, not Louisville"
"Gault House, not Gait House"
"ACTE -educational show - not open to the public"
n.b; it is listed as an upcoming show where discounts and demonstrations are available on the Carvewright site.
I'm a little dissappointed. I spent a lot of time trying to locate this - for naught.
I'll keep up to date if I get any further info. Thanks all.

Imprint
07-22-2008, 11:08 AM
Galt House
Louisville:confused:

just checked google.

mtylerfl
07-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Galt House
Louisville:confused:

just checked google.

Hello,

Here's the direct link to the excellent videos - by Matt - running the machine - it's like "being there".

http://wood-carving-machine-tips.com/Videos/Video1.html

He has an excellent sense of humor while demonstrating the machine!

I'm sure you'll enjoy them.

DigitalMatt
07-25-2008, 08:30 PM
First off I want to send a great big THANK YOU to Michael T. of CarveBuddy (http://www.carvebuddy.com). I appreciate the nice comments and recommendations with regards to my video efforts...

But I also want to send and even BIGGER apology to Mr Tyler for having put him in an awkward position. His nice comments sent forum users to my website only to have the page totally locked up and inaccessible except for the most recent video.

I recently updated my website software and there was a bug in the release that rendered accordion pages useless. i simply uploaded the revised site and never tested everything out. My mistake and I can assure you this is one of those lessons learned the hard way - it won't happen again.

SO, to all of you that visited my site hoping to catch a video or two - I offer my apologies.

...And to Michael Tyler, I stand here with my tail between my legs. I put your website link on my site as an offering. I know that's like the tail wagging the dog, but until I can figure some way of making it up to you, I hope that will show my sincerity.

Thank You Again to EVERYONE for being so patient and understanding.

mtylerfl
07-25-2008, 11:41 PM
Hello Matt,

Thank you for your kind words and so much more.

No apology was necessary - nevertheless, your integrity is readily apparent to say the least.

Glad everything is working alright now, and I'm very happy our fellow woodcarvers can start enjoying your great videos again!

We all appreciate your hard work and dedication!

Thanks also for the link. We have two links to your website on CarveBuddy.com - one on our "Learning Center" page and another on our "Links" page.

DigitalMatt
07-29-2008, 02:36 PM
Thank You Michael,

What a kind a generous thing to do - I'm beholding to you!