PDA

View Full Version : Roller bearings shot

jackssib1
07-22-2008, 08:22 AM
Roller bearing fixed assembly -- MWM A2021 Has gone out.
Has any changed them or do I have to send to CW shop?
Thanks
Jack

Skyhawk
07-22-2008, 08:34 AM
I've had to replace these twice...I would recommend ordering the set, 2 stationary bearings and 2 cam bearings and 4 screws just in case. The screws holding these bearings in place tend to be very soft and have Loctitemaking them more secure.

You will need a flat wrench (I think it's a 12mm) to fit between the truck and the bearing. If the screw starts to strip simply drill out the head with a 3/16th drill bit being careful not to drill into the truck itself.

Installing is easy, just reassemble in the reverse order. Adjust using the cam bearings on the right side of the truck. Spin the bearing cam while turning the bearing race by hand until it doesn't move. Spin it back to the point that the bearing just moves and you'll be ready to go!

Bye the way don't forget to use Loctite on the screws before tightening again!

jackssib1
07-22-2008, 08:46 AM
I'll call for parts today.
Jack

Digitalwoodshop
07-22-2008, 09:19 AM
Get EXTRA Screws as they strip easy. You need to turn the nut on the bearing to loosen or tighten and just hold the screw.

AL

MikeMcCoy
07-22-2008, 10:06 AM
Jack - if you don't mind, would you post the cost after calling. I'm compiling a list of spares/costs that I'll post when it's closer to being done. I've seen various posts but they are spread out.

jackssib1
07-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Mike, I will as soon as I know. Thanks all.
Jack