PDA

View Full Version : Searching for a Bonita pattern

MikeMcCoy
07-21-2008, 09:52 AM
One of these days I'll take some time off and learn how to design. :) I have a marina operator that wants several signs with a carving of a Bonita (fish) as the focal point. Searching the commercial sites and this one hasn't turned anything up.

Anyone have a pattern that they would like to sell?

FINGERS
07-21-2008, 10:03 AM
Hi mike go to carvebuddy and ask michael he is good about doing patterns we are lookig for.

mtylerfl
07-21-2008, 10:11 AM
One of these days I'll take some time off and learn how to design. :) I have a marina operator that wants several signs with a carving of a Bonita (fish) as the focal point. Searching the commercial sites and this one hasn't turned anything up.

Anyone have a pattern that they would like to sell?

Hi Mike,

Is this a Bonita Fish (pic 1)? I found this reference photo under the name "Bonito", so am not sure if it's the same thing or not.

I found another reference photo (pic 2), this time under the name Bonita (but the pic was labeled litltunny). Is this the correct one?

MikeMcCoy
07-21-2008, 10:28 AM
Hi Michael - pic 1 looks like the photos that the customer showed me. Evidently Bonita/o are used interchangeably.

fyrpuppy
08-12-2008, 04:15 AM
Pic 2 looks like what I have caught and been told that they were bonita. I know it is hard to see but if you look at the two fish in the foreground seem to have the same markings as those in pic 2 and we have always been told that these are bonita.

MikeMcCoy
08-12-2008, 06:27 AM
I'm no fisherman but the guy who bought this run of plaques picked number 1. His boat is named Bonita Bob and I'm not going to argue with him since it's his money. :)