PDA

View Full Version : Redwood and Procell

Cbrown
07-21-2008, 12:54 AM
Got lucky a few weeks ago and looked outside to see stacks of wood on my neighbors backporch. He had brought home a truck load of redwood decking he was going to burn. He ended up giving me the better pcs, and after planing, the stuff looks great. Here is the one sign I have done on it. But have orders for 4 more from this sample.

Also, has anyone used the plastic style procell decking to carve in? I had someone give me a few pcs to try, and turned out nice. Very clean lines. Not sure on patterns, just tried a basic welcome sign so far. Don't have a pic of it, sold it when I took it to work to show the person who gave me the material. Will carve another and post the pic.

ChrisAlb
07-21-2008, 05:44 AM
Got lucky a few weeks ago and looked outside to see stacks of wood on my neighbors backporch. He had brought home a truck load of redwood decking he was going to burn. He ended up giving me the better pcs, and after planing, the stuff looks great. Here is the one sign I have done on it. But have orders for 4 more from this sample.

Also, has anyone used the plastic style procell decking to carve in? I had someone give me a few pcs to try, and turned out nice. Very clean lines. Not sure on patterns, just tried a basic welcome sign so far. Don't have a pic of it, sold it when I took it to work to show the person who gave me the material. Will carve another and post the pic.

That's really nice (Chad?) I take it from the picture?...lol

Thanks for sharing and keep em coming....http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif