PDA

View Full Version : New bits arrived

TerryT
07-20-2008, 02:14 PM
I posted a few days ago that I carved about half of a large order of plaques using version 1.126 with no problems. I should have been smart enough to leave well enough alone.. but no, I upgraded to v1.130 in the middle of it all instead of waiting till I was done and broke two 1/8 inch cutting bits in the time it takes to change them. Of course I felt and still feel that v1.130 was responsible for the bits breaking.

Well, two new bits (almost $100 with shipping) arrived. So far I have cut two of the projects without incident, only 14 or so to go. So, we'll see how it goes on the rest of them. If I break another one I probably won't have to post it. Most of y'all will probably hear me cussin'.

While waiting for the bits I have gone over the machine and the MPC and can't find anything that would cause the bit to break. Could have just been a coincidence but I'm not sold on that idea.

twinpeaksenterprises, LLC
07-20-2008, 02:44 PM
I did happen to see another post about v1.130 that talked about the bits plunge in deeper in cut paths.. So yes that makes sense that a bit could be broken. The problem with a deeper plunge is its not going to act the same in say poplar vs. hickory. Dont sound too promising to me.. wow them 1/8th bits are expensive..