PDA

View Full Version : Unable To Edit Patterns

Robin Fellows
07-18-2008, 09:45 PM
I downloaded the latest sotware version and attempted to edit some patterns I created using the scanning probe. The program tells me "You may only edit unlicensed patterns which you have authored" I have e-mailed support but it is late Friday and really need the patterns for a project this weekend. Any thoughts?

fwharris
07-18-2008, 10:23 PM
Robin,

I just opened up one of my scans that I did before the upgrade to 1.130 and did not have any problem with it. Have you checked "manage license" under the help tab to see what it says?

How did you do the update to the software?

mtylerfl
07-18-2008, 10:45 PM
I downloaded the latest sotware version and attempted to edit some patterns I created using the scanning probe. The program tells me "You may only edit unlicensed patterns which you have authored" I have e-mailed support but it is late Friday and really need the patterns for a project this weekend. Any thoughts?

Patterns you made with versions prior to 1.124 will not be editable with later software versions. From now on, if you want to be certain you will able to edit any patterns you create, save two versions of your patterns... as BOTH an mpw file and a ptn file. The mpw files can be opened with any later software version, on any computer. Ptn's will only be editable on the SAME computer you created them on with version 1.124 or above.

So, if you have any of your previously created patterns saved as mpw's, open them instead and you'll be able to edit them.

Robin Fellows
07-19-2008, 11:46 AM
Patterns you made with versions prior to 1.124 will not be editable with later software versions. From now on, if you want to be certain you will able to edit any patterns you create, save two versions of your patterns... as BOTH an mpw file and a ptn file. The mpw files can be opened with any later software version, on any computer. Ptn's will only be editable on the SAME computer you created them on with version 1.124 or above.

So, if you have any of your previously created patterns saved as mpw's, open them instead and you'll be able to edit them.

That hurts!! I've got around 50 patterns that were created in the earlier software and guess what I didn't do? They are all saved in the .PTN format.

I didn't catch this earlier because I've been in the Middle East for the last six months. As a someone who basically uses wood work as a way to unwind from the day to day business of military life, that news is very frustrating. Thanks for the replies. Anybody else on the forum operating out of Hawaii?
Robin

Lin
07-19-2008, 01:00 PM
Robin, I sent you a PM. I might be able to help you.
Lin