PDA

View Full Version : saving an imported image.

Don Butler
07-18-2008, 07:09 PM
I've tried saving an imported JPG, but I always get a screen that says
Save Item
In the left hand pane it's labeled
Name
which has the item below
My Favorites
The right hand pane is empty, but below it there is a place to key in a filename and a Save button as well as a Cancel button.

Now, I think there may be something I don't know about this operation, because after I give the image a name and click the OK button it goes away, never to be found.

I even gave it a special name that wouldn't get mixed up with other names and the search operation should find it.

But it doesn't. It's gone.

Where have I gone wrong?:confused:

Don

bjbethke
07-18-2008, 07:52 PM
Not sure which program you are talking about. Saving From? and Where?

snood56
07-18-2008, 08:08 PM
I think you aren't selecting a folder to put it in. Select favorites and then click on add folder. Name folder in the pop-up window. Then give file a name and click save. Or, you can just select favorites before you type a filename and save it in there.

Don Butler
07-19-2008, 07:08 AM
Ahhh,
I discovered where it went. I wasn't expecting it to be where it is. I'm surprised I couldn't find it when I ran SEARCH on my whole harddrive. But, still, there it is.

Where? Under the menu head CARVING, and PATTERN TOOL. That opens the pattern menu on the right side of the screen and I just pulled it out there.

Oddly, the items in the PATTERN menu don't show up as files on the drive, so CW Designer must encode them in the program. Huh! Who knew?

Don

ps.
In case anybody wonders, I post in larger characters because it's easier on old eyes. I post in green because it's now the 'in' thing to be GREEN!

d...