PDA

View Full Version : Beware

nicobie
07-18-2008, 07:00 PM
CW will not allow you to transfer their software to another computer.

I have tried and all they do is throw up roadblocks. They want me to call them but they don't answer their phones.

WTF?

bjbethke
07-18-2008, 09:05 PM
You should be able to do that, I just replaced my hard drive, that’s like a new computer. Load your program, update program. Then on line, use your Username and password. It takes a little time for there response. You will get a thank you message and you’re reregistered

want2b
07-18-2008, 09:05 PM
Have noticed others working through this issue, most find it can be done. Suggest you try a search of this forum for possible help . Not sure what the phone issue might be, spent 40 yrs in the field and the problem can be a lot of things. Keep trying and when you get through explain your problem, lenghth of wait, what your actually got( no answer/recording), will help them resolve.

Jeff_Birt
07-19-2008, 08:38 AM
nibobie, either you have been seriously misinformed OR you are intentionally running a one man misinformation campaign. :)

Just give CW software support a call. Omar has helped my transfer a license a few times in the last two years as I have replaced computers. It is no problem for them.

sweliver
07-19-2008, 10:51 AM
....three times.

twice to my original laptop (the second instance was due to a reformat).
Then while waiting for the old laptop to get fixed I installed it on my wife's laptop.

No questions asked.

sw

Robin Fellows
07-19-2008, 11:49 AM
nibobie, either you have been seriously misinformed OR you are intentionally running a one man misinformation campaign. :)

Now that was funny!!!

ChrisAlb
07-19-2008, 01:08 PM
I have un-installed and reinstalled Designer many times. I just spent an all nighter 2 nights ago wiping my hard drive clean and reinstalling XP Pro and all my apps.

Installed Designer, went Help/Manage licenses and just like EVERY other time, ALL licenses (Software, Patterns, Probes) were renewed automatically in seconds. NEVER a problem.

I don't have much need to call LHR but of the few times I have (perhaps 5), The phone is always answered, the help always cheerful and direct, and only one time they were SO busy they asked if I could call back, I did in an hour, NO problems. VERY Friendly and Attentive.

I'm with Jeff...lol...something sounds.....fishy http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon5.gif