PDA

View Full Version : Drawing On Cad

SHOKOPEE
07-18-2008, 09:56 AM
Can I Convert A Cad Drawing Such As Auto Cad Or Master Cam To A Useable Carvewright Format?

hotpop
07-18-2008, 01:30 PM
SHOKOPEE

Export your AutoCAD file to a BMP file. Bring the BMP file into a graphics editor like paint.net (www.getpaint.com) its free. Erase the background and save the file to a PNG format. Import the PNG file into Designer.

Kenm810
07-18-2008, 03:56 PM
SHOKOPEE,
Try (www.getpaint.net (http://www.getpaint.net))

SHOKOPEE
07-19-2008, 02:09 PM
Hotpop
I Down Loaded The Paint.net Program And Exported Autocad To Bnp Format But I Can't Figure Out How To Erase The Backround.thanks For Your Out Put.
Shokopee

Kenm810
07-19-2008, 03:57 PM
I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing.
Here's a few Photos of how I do it, with the Magic Wand and Eraser

SHOKOPEE
07-20-2008, 07:25 AM
Ken
Thats Exactly What I'm Trying To Do,but When I Bring My Bmp Autocad File Into Paint It's Solid Black And I Dont Know How To Erase The Backround.please Walk Me Though It. Thank You For Your Help.
Shokopee

Kenm810
07-20-2008, 08:03 AM
All Black ??? -- what are the colors in your drawing,
I use black and white with shades of gray.
Have you tried reversing the colors.

Once I have the bmp file, I load it to my desk top to view it for any touch ups and then load it in to Paint
as a gif or bmp, erase the background and save the drawing as a png file to load into the CW Designer.

liquidguitars
07-20-2008, 09:52 AM
I use PNG 32 bit and load that into designer from my Cad program. The background will be removed automatically.

LG

russell.mike
07-26-2008, 11:06 PM
Got the Turbo Cad professional, finally the wife submitted. Trying to draw a one piece picture frame? Having major problems with the design any hits? Thought I would start working with this machine, major frustration level, talked with the tech department (what a joke!!!). Left the machine down for several months, going to redesign the outer case and try to elmimanate the dust collection around all components in the machine. Lots to do to get were I want to be?

Any help with useing the cad and transfering to the carvewright please help.