PDA

View Full Version : Bit adapters

roughcut
07-17-2008, 10:42 AM
I have been having alot of trouble lately getting my QC to release the bits.
Any new adapter I use works fine .But the ones that are used seem to be the ones that are sticking some are even starting to leave BB holes in the adapter. So I did some checking and I think I may have found the problem. I think it may be the set screws Ron J talks about how he has designed new ones because of break outs from the allen wrench. Mine are not broke out but they are distorted somewhat and I don't think they are allowing the BB to seat right in the grooves of the adapter. So I am thinking I will at least order some new ones . Maybe I'll go ahead and order from. Ron. If you are having the same problem you may want to check this out..:)

Digitalwoodshop
07-17-2008, 11:02 AM
Order a new QC while you are at it. The QC is worn. New Bit holders worn QC chuck and the new holders will cause new BB marks on the new holders. Change it all....

AL

snood56
07-17-2008, 12:10 PM
Hello all,
I had the same problem. I applied a bunch of time trying to figure it out, coming to the same conclusions as Roughcut. In the end it was the QC. Take a lot of care with it because it is a cyclical problem. A bad QC makes bad adapters and bad adapters make bad QCs.