PDA

View Full Version : Software for CarveWright

Rocky
07-17-2008, 03:56 AM
I understand that the CarveWright machine comes with its own software. My questions are:

Is the CarveWright supplied software "off the shelf" or is it designed especially for the CraveWright machine?

Can one purchase and effectively use other software applications to "drive" the CarveWright machine?

Thanks, folks!

ChrisAlb
07-17-2008, 06:05 AM
I understand that the CarveWright machine comes with its own software. My questions are:

Is the CarveWright supplied software "off the shelf" or is it designed especially for the CraveWright machine?

Can one purchase and effectively use other software applications to "drive" the CarveWright machine?

Thanks, folks!

Hi Rocky & Welcome,

1. YES, the Designer software is written exclusively for the CW.

2. NO, There aren't any other programs to drive the CW with. After Designing a project with the software, Designer complies it and loads it to a memory card that you then put in the CW machine. This memory card is what "drives" (instructs) the CW.

Hope that helps!

BTW, you can download a fully functional trial version of Designer to play with here.

http://www.carvewright.com/cms/software

If you're thinking about getting a CW, I recommend that you do and start learning it. Designer is easy to use but still, There is a bit to learn and between having it, and this forum (Use SEARCH a lot), you'll get a good jump on the learning curve.

Rocky
07-17-2008, 11:44 AM
Thanks, Chris. I'm saving my "pennies" and hope to buy one soon.