PDA

View Full Version : Inverted rounded corners

advadv
07-16-2008, 05:54 PM
Is there an easy way to make an inverted rounded corner for in inline border?

Thanks,
Joe

Dan-Woodman
07-16-2008, 09:29 PM
You mean like this?

advadv
07-17-2008, 06:22 AM
How do you make that? I tried pulling the corner points, but didn't work the way this does.

The file you attached is what I'm trying to do, but the program crashes when I try to edit it.

Thanks, Dan... saved me some time figuring this out.

Joe

ChrisAlb
07-17-2008, 06:48 AM
How do you make that? I tried pulling the corner points, but didn't work the way this does.

Thanks, Dan... saved me some time figuring this out.

Joe

The easiest way to make the shape Dan did is....(we'll work on the upper left corner here) 4 steps (per corner...lol) but it's quick.

1) Draw a rectangle on the board.

2) With it selected (white box around it), "right click" on the top border line roughly an inch from the corner and select "Insert Vertex". Do the same for the left Vertical line.

3) Right Click on the corner Vertex (red corner ball) and select "Remove Vertex". You should now have a straight line between the two Vertex you just inserted.

4) Right Click on that line and select "Form/Arc". That line in now an arc and you can drag the green center ball to whatever you like.

TIP:
After inserting the new Vertex(s), it's best to "Set" them in place with "Attachments" That way the straight lines can't move or go out of square with the board. Drove me NUTS for months figuring that out...lol

Example: Say you draw a 6" x 6" square centered on the board. You want the arcs to start 1" in from the corners. After inserting the two vertex (Step 2), Attach them to the center lines at 2" BEFORE removing the corner vertex in step 3.

Happy Framing!

advadv
07-17-2008, 07:34 AM
This is just what I needed. I'll give it a try later today. Thanks for your help...it's great to have a place to ask questions and get such a quick and accurate response. Thanks again.

Joe

ChrisAlb
07-17-2008, 07:43 AM
]......it's great to have a place to ask questions and get such a quick and accurate response[/B]. Joe

Yep! It was for me too.....http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif....anytime Joe.

This forum and the folks in it are the BEST! http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif

advadv
07-17-2008, 02:05 PM
Thanks again Dan and Chris.

Joe

cnsranch
07-17-2008, 04:10 PM
Chris - you da man!

The attached actually looks like I know what I'm doing!

ChrisAlb
07-17-2008, 07:32 PM
Chris - you da man!

The attached actually looks like I know what I'm doing!

That's what I like CNS, a QUICK study...lol Nice Job!....http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

With those basics, about any shape can be made. It's all a matter of what order you do it in and what attachments you use to "hold" key points in check.

Tip:

Now you can copy and paste that nice frame you made. (Remove all attachments first) Drag it a little smaller or bigger, center it up and you have a two step or bordered frame. Carve out the center one and put a shaped bit on the outer one and WALA....cool frames, around carved regions, into which you can drop patterns...lol