PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Favorites

jerrbitt
07-14-2008, 09:54 AM
In my pattern list, I have three directories that show: Basic, and two Favorites. One of which is current since I recently downloaded a patter and see it in only one of the Favorites.

The designer software itself does not appear to allow you to delete a directory.

And I'm having problems using Explorer to find where exactly do the designer directories exist. I went to one that has what appears to be a complete listing of carvewright subdirectories -- Data, etc -- but there is only one entry for "Favorites." Appears that bugger is hiding elsewhere.

I know I could reload the entire software, had to do that once, and would like to avoid it if at all possible.

bjbethke
07-14-2008, 10:20 AM
Look in;

C:\Program Files\CarveWright\data

C:\Documents and Settings\user name\CarveWright

jerrbitt
07-14-2008, 01:37 PM
Well, looked under program files and under "data" only two folders -- basic and surfaces.

Under Documents and Settings/username/carvewright three folders - basic, favorites and surfaces.

No where do I see listed the duplicate "favorites" folder that shows under Patterns.

Maybe time to call tech support.

cnsranch
07-14-2008, 03:48 PM
BJB's recco. is exactly where mine are.

You're looking for a copy of "favorites.mpn" - but it will have an extension like "favorites12345.mpn".

Go to Start, Search, All files and folders, then enter mpn in the "All or part of the file name".

Can't imagine why yours would be some other place, but maybe you can find it that way.

jerrbitt
07-14-2008, 06:26 PM
Well after fooling around for much too long, I resorted to a program CCW Pattern Organizer that is used to specifically back up Designer pattern files.

It worked but I still don't know where my spcific favorites folder is. I'll try the search again watching for the favorited with the numerals.

Thanks.