PDA

View Full Version : My Dog

snood56
07-12-2008, 02:38 PM
Here is a memorial plaque I made of a very cool dog. I think I could do better now that I have been doing it awhile.

ChrisAlb
07-12-2008, 02:52 PM
I think the quality is great and the concept and layout are fantastic!! Nice Work and thanks for sharing Snood!

My mom lost her poodle a while back and wants a marker for the grave. Since she only has a couple of pictures and the best of which is very sun bleached, I'm gonna have to go lithophane style with it I think.

I'm pretty good at the artwork end of carvings but there just isn't enough in the pictures to work with.

fwharris
07-12-2008, 02:54 PM
Karl,

Cool dog for sure. I bet he/she was a special friend.

snood56
07-12-2008, 03:27 PM
Thanks guys,
Here is the original photo. She was the best!!
And thanks Chris, your comments are making me warm and fuzzy. I do so love the machine. I would love to take a shot at moms poodle. I only use the photos as a guide for feature placement. I can fake the rest with a little photo research. I have some designs backing up right now as my stage gears are getting dental work.

SandBuoy
07-12-2008, 10:04 PM
Wow look at that face and eyes. Snood that would make a great litho. Nice looking memorial and I know what your saying about feeling a little saddened. I have lost a few best freinds also. they stay dear in heart forever.

snood56
07-13-2008, 12:46 AM
I am gonna have to try that litho process it looks really amazing. And you are right, she will be a great first one.