PDA

View Full Version : Problem with traction Belt

badger
07-12-2008, 06:32 AM
Has anyone found a way of using the new lightsaber bit without ruining the traction belt. I have gone through 10 belts already.

If anyone has found a way of using this new bit without ruining the traction belt let me know.

:rolleyes:

http://carvewright.com/cms/goofs?jmid=8364&j=140588243

ChrisAlb
07-12-2008, 06:47 AM
Awe...see now Badger, you didn't read the manual. It MEASURES the thickness first and the beam stops at the bottom of the wood!...Gezzzzz...:rolleyes:.....Read the book!...lol

badger
07-12-2008, 07:22 AM
Read the book, I just couldnt understand this light side dark side stuff so I thought I could just wing it. Oh well live and learn.

ChrisAlb
07-12-2008, 07:28 AM
Yea...that part confused me as well.... :confused: . But then I figured it didn't matter because, it's GOT to be smarter than me! http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

Audie
07-12-2008, 08:51 AM
Chris and Badger,
I can't believe you have both missed the obvious! Simple steps to prevent catastrophic burn through on the traction belts:
1. Cut out aluminum foil the size of your wood project
2. Prep the "BOTTOM" of the wood with TiteBond III
3. Glue the aluminum foil (Shiney side up) to the bottom of the board
4. Dry for 2 1/2 hours
5. Lase on.. should be nice, crisp and clean cuts without damage to the traction belts.

Good luck!
Audie

:confused: ***DISCLAIMER*** :confused:
The above steps should only be implemented when using a LHR Certified Light Saber. Do not stare directly at the refracted beam as it will make you stupid. Body armour, eye protection and Right Guard should be worn at all times while operating in the desert heat. Hydrogen fuel cell technology is the only approved power source for the light saber.

jpaluck
07-12-2008, 10:10 AM
OK you guys had me well enough to go the site and look for it. Didn't see badgers link. Payback eh Chris for MS Paint LOL

John

Reset
07-12-2008, 10:22 AM
1. Cut out aluminum foil the size of your wood project
2. Prep the "BOTTOM" of the wood with TiteBond III
3. Glue the aluminum foil (Shiney side up) to the bottom of the board
4. Dry for 2 1/2 hours
5. Lase on.. should be nice, crisp and clean cuts without damage to the traction belts.

uh oh...I followed all the steps...laser reflected off the foil, burned a hole through the clear cover and carved a duplicate image on the ceiling! :confused:

Tommy :)

castingman
07-12-2008, 11:07 AM
Finished my training i have not !
I did,nt know LHR made a light saber !

Yoda......Errrrrr......Michael