PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Project Problem

SandBuoy
07-11-2008, 02:50 PM
I started running the rainbow trout project this morning. The first side finished about 10 minutes ago. I flipped the board over and hit enter. It started measuring the board and I got a back roller sticking error message. I lifted the expander table slightly and the machine started measuring again. Then it stopped again, said back roller error (204-404) and told me to hit the stop button.

Anyway to begin running the back of the board now. I hate waisting a solid peice wood that size. Any help out there? Can I program the machine to skip the first part and start on the back? thanks for any help gang.

bdehoyos
07-11-2008, 03:17 PM
I would copy the mpc file with a name like “front” and delete form that file the back side of the project, load that to the card and run it

Obviously you need to solve the back roller issue first

BDH

Amonaug
07-11-2008, 03:18 PM
Just delete the part you don't want it to carve then upload it to the card, don't even have to save the file. Yeah forgot about renaming it as you upload it or it'll overwrite the file already on there.

bdehoyos
07-11-2008, 03:19 PM
A simple solution made simpler :D

SandBuoy
07-11-2008, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the advise on the fix. Looks like it will work if I can get the bow out of the board. Thats what it turned out to be. Very slight corner to corner warp. just missed it some how. I am going to try taking a little off the back side and see if I can finish the project. If Not, I will start all over but this project WILL be made.

fwharris
07-12-2008, 12:44 AM
SandBuoy,

You know what the say: If a first you can't suck seed, keep sucking until you do succeed!

Some times second time is a charm. Find a good flat board and the project will come out great.