PDA

View Full Version : help

Tom75
07-09-2008, 07:45 PM
ok i have several questions and hope some one can help .
1. traction belts moved to the key pad side . found pdf file on the fourm and followed what it said to do.
2 . the clutch does not click when it tight enuff it will just keep going . ?
does the head need to be ajustted ? if so how ?
3.when mesuring the board it says board erra load new bord but there is nothing wrong with the bord . no cups bends i have checked is good .when it starts to mesure it goes in a little ways then starts to jog back and forth rapitedly have to press stop .
4.the traction belt drive sounds like it is working hard and you can see the sand papper belts struggeling to move .
any help would be great . the last time i used it was jun 23 and 24 . every thing was working good the to day it seams like the gremling came out to play. all have a good night and can not wate to make more saw dust .:confused:

DocWheeler
07-10-2008, 10:35 AM
Tom75,

There are people more qualified than me to answer these, but I'll give it a try since your post is this old.

1. Traction belts - Either there is something binding the springs, the belts have one end bigger than the other, or the head pressure is too great.

2. There are posts concerning lubing the crank - be careful when putting it back together. Make sure that the flat sides of the crank "barrel" fit into the washer properly.

3. Board measuring - The board may be too thin. the sensor may be dirty, or the belt is rolled-up on the edge and keeping the board from touching the brass roller.

4. If the belts are rubbing the guides under the mechanism, it would cause added drag. If they are rolled, you might have to cut a little bit off the end of the belts. It is not a difficult thing to fix.

You need to address the belt problem and the crank problem - as you already stated. There are some good posts on the subject.

I hope that you get the problems resolved!

Reset
07-10-2008, 11:16 AM
Each one of your symptoms indicate that the head pressure is too much. Putting all of them together...I think that's the problem.
Using a bathroom scale measure the head pressure, I'd guess it is going to be too high (probable over 98lbs)
Spraying some white lithium grease into the crank area may help to reduce it, another way is to remove one or more of the washers behind the crank handle (if there are any there to start with).

Anybody know of any other ways to reduce the head pressure, if that is indeed the problem?

Tommy :)

David Myers
07-10-2008, 11:39 AM
Tom,

Sounds like the same problem I had a few days ago.

I would crank the head down and it never racheted.

I took the crank lever and spring out and cleaned and re-lubed then re-assembled the lever and my problem went away.

Before I did that I measured the head pressure and I stopped cranking at 96lbs.

After I clean the crank it released at 82lbs.

Give it a try it might fix your problem.

David

Digitalwoodshop
07-10-2008, 11:54 AM
In my opinion as the belts age and wear they get sticky on the back and coupled with higher humidity they stick more on the metal platen they ride on. Pressure is the key and I listen as it measures and sometimes release a little pressure to make it sound better.

I am due for a replacement set of belts and my Y Belt is in need of replacement too. It pops at the bit check station. The teeth are worn at that set of teeth in the belt. 800 hours... It's time.

Tom75
07-10-2008, 12:23 PM
first thank youall for the responces .
ok i am making headway . i took off the bottom pice where the power suply is to check the gears to see if needed lube and cleand all the dust out . i noteced a bolt lying there looked and found it whent to the left sapourt post ( key pad side ) put it back in fliped cc upright and lubed posts and screw post cranked the handel up and down workked . put board in cranked down it clicked . then tryed to do a carving told to check for board erra looked nothing wrong with board tryed the tape trick no luck . so i whent to lowes got 2 new boards checked every thing is square same erra . so i had it just mesure and worked fine . whent to the computer to check to see if any replys to thread . then pu the bathroom scale under rolers to check presher front roller 109 lb back 116lb . check board for erras and head preshure seam to be the problem naw . will agusting the head preshure solve the problem ? howe do i ajust the preshure to the right preshure . once again thank all of you for the help . one of these days i hope i can help to. thank you .

DocWheeler , Reset , Dave Myers , Digital Wood Shop

David Myers
07-10-2008, 12:32 PM
Tom,

Check your manual it has a section about head pressure. I had to adjust my machine a few months back.
I'm not sure of the sequence but I recall you loosen NOT remove the bolts from the top and bottom and then re-tighten them in a specific order.
But check your manual it will give you the correct steps, don't rely on my clouded memory.

Good luck. Let us know how you make out or if you need any more help.

David

Reset
07-10-2008, 01:38 PM
Spraying some white lithium grease into the crank area may help to reduce it, another way is to remove one or more of the washers behind the crank handle (if there are any there to start with).

Try the above first... these were the first steps two steps I was told to do by one of the tech's...it was removing the washer that did it though. At the time, the head pressure on my machine was 130lbs. Doing the above reduced it to 92lbs, which the tech said WAS in the acceptable range.

Tommy :)

Tom75
07-10-2008, 03:34 PM
thank you . i did take the handel off there was no washers spraid some lube ( white litheum grease ) in there put handel on and cranked it up and down a few times checked ith bathroom scale the presher is naw 76.2lb . put board in whent hrough the motion and it is AOK working good .:cool::mrgreen: . once again thank you so much . you all got me back to making noise and saw dust . and i am going to order a peir of new traction belts cus they are walking to the key pad side . i did read that humidaty can cause them to strech a bit

Tom75
07-10-2008, 03:39 PM
i read it in digital wood shop reply . i for got to pu in the post above . it has been humid for the pas cupel of days hear .