PDA

View Full Version : Error Message file

myshop1044
07-09-2008, 06:49 PM
I broke a cutting bit last night becuase of my own fault. I did not seat the cutting bit in the chuck correctly, too much in a hurry. The error message said do you want redfine or contuniue. Not really understanding what that meant I picked the wrong answer and broke the bit.
My question ,is there any where on the CW system that will give someone the error messages and their meaning

This leads to the second problem, I looked on line for a cutting bit replacement and found out you can only buy the bit and adapter together eventhough the manual shows Item numbers for just the cutting bit, now I have a extra adapter and no bit to put in it, go figure.
Just thought I would let off a little steam, oh by the way I still love my machine. It's funny when you get humans out of the way how well the CW works.
Now I have to way for the bits to come in.

Digitalwoodshop
07-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Your not the only one that has seen that message.

In the old Designer 1.126 you could LIE to the machine and in the first set of bit checks in a project like I do for clocks, I have the Carving Bit, the V60 and the 1/8 inch Cutting bit.

I would just stick the Carving bit in and let it think I had put the correct bit in for it's "PRE Checks" At the end of the 3 checks the Carving Bit would start carving. Then at the second bit change I would install the V60 and it would do it Bit Plate thing finding the Bit Length and Board Surface and take off carving. Same with the 1/8 inch Cutting Bit.....

Now in 1.130 it LOOKS at the data and RECORDS the data in the first set of bit checks where before it just ignored them. Then when you put in the V60 for the second bit change it compares the data from the first time you put in the bit. If it is the same then you never see any message. BUT..... The other day I put in the V60 for the real cut and did not get it seated in the QC all the way. It came up with the message saying the length was NOT the same and should it RE-FIND the tip or just CONTINUE.... I said RE-FIND and it came back again as NOT matching the first time. I said CONTINUE this time as watched the Bit. Just after the bit touched the wood I heard a GRINDING NOISE and as the head lifted the bit came out and wobbled to a stop with the QC coming down on top if it.... I was right there and opened the cover but not before the bit was SHOT at the Keypad..... Minor damage was done to the QC and the Bit Holder and I just oiled the bit holder and placed the bit back into the QC. The Board was TRASH.... Pulled it and cut the end off and started over.

Now I pay ATTENTION to that message..... And RE CHECK the Bit SEATING as a bit not seated will be LONGER.... But not for LONG......

It's a NEW Fault Indication.

AL

myshop1044
07-09-2008, 09:46 PM
I had just install 1.130 also not really knowing what the changes were in the new version and I was ready to cut some circles with the cutting bit and just didn't seat the bit correctly( my fault), now it has cost me $40.00 + shipping to learn a good lesson.
I just hope CW would put a Error massage file, this would be helpful later on.

Perry

Digitalwoodshop
07-09-2008, 11:26 PM
I have a trick I use installing the bit. I insert it with both hands then I rotate the QC clockwise while providing resistance to the underside of the bit holder then I reverse the QC and press the QC down and I feel a pop or lock.... The day I did not feel the pop was the time the bit came out... Now when I don't feel the pop, I remove the bit and lube the holder and re install and then I get the pop.... That was the first bit I had come out in months.... Always the V60 being so short.

AL