PDA

View Full Version : New Z-pack & card upgrade

fwharris
07-09-2008, 06:29 PM
Just got my new Z-pack, circuit board and cable upgrade today. I used the pdf file that is on the forum for the Z-pack replacement but it does not cover the new board.

I think LHR was suppose to send me a pdf file for this upgrade. The only thing I got was an email for the re license for the Z-pack and that was not problem.

If there is a different or another pdf file that anyone has for this could you please post it for me. Also any special tips.

Also what about the small cable to the cutting head that is not used. I believe it is for the old connection for the scanning probe. Do I tape it off, cut it out or what?

Amonaug
07-09-2008, 08:24 PM
You know now that you mention the unused tiny ribbon....I wonder if that was'nt shorting out everything for me. Like you I only found the only replcement instructions and LHR didn't send a .pdf. Unfortunately I THOUGHT I knew what I was doing but apparently not since my machine is on it's way to Texas today :(

fwharris
07-10-2008, 12:39 AM
Kevin,

Like you I have it all installed. Was not to hard to match up the different ribbon connectors from the old card to the new one. the wires from the Z motor did not have much slack for making the connection.

I have not put the cover back on yet. Will give LHR a call in the AM to make sure I have got it done right. If they send me a PDF file I will see about posting it.

Hope your machine has a speedy return to you.

You know now that you mention the unused tiny ribbon....I wonder if that was'nt shorting out everything for me. Like you I only found the only replcement instructions and LHR didn't send a .pdf. Unfortunately I THOUGHT I knew what I was doing but apparently not since my machine is on it's way to Texas today :(

eromran
07-10-2008, 08:11 AM
Just got my new Z-pack, circuit board and cable upgrade today. I used the pdf file that is on the forum for the Z-pack replacement but it does not cover the new board.

I think LHR was suppose to send me a pdf file for this upgrade. The only thing I got was an email for the re license for the Z-pack and that was not problem.

If there is a different or another pdf file that anyone has for this could you please post it for me. Also any special tips.

Also what about the small cable to the cutting head that is not used. I believe it is for the old connection for the scanning probe. Do I tape it off, cut it out or what?
When i replaced mine i could not find anything about the small cable ether when i finally got a hold of someone they said raise the cutting head up all the way and pull cable out i had to pull pretty hard but it did come out in one piece. I'll try to find the pdf they sent and post it here if i find it. I found the pdf but it was to big to upload.

fwharris
07-10-2008, 10:08 AM
Just got off the Phone with LHR and they sent the PDF for the Z pack bundle upgrade and also got a copy of it from Ed (eromran). It is printing out now so will give a good read and see if I did it right before I put the cover back on. The PDF file is to big for me to post so I sent a message to pkunk to see if he can post it.

Also finally found Al's pictures he posted about the new bundle.

Digitalwoodshop
07-10-2008, 12:01 PM
Glad to help.

AL

fwharris
07-10-2008, 04:26 PM
Glad to help.

AL

Al,

I am glad to be helped!

Got the official pdf from LHR this morning and double checked what I had already done. I did have to redo the attaching of the Z motor as I did not crank down the top bolt with the spring all of the way. Only had it adjusted to what I thought good belt tension would be. Good thing as after I put the cover back on the bold does just slightly touch the under side of the cover.

Got it all back together and did a "calibrate offset" to check it all out. No errors or problems. Did notice a little different sound when the bit stops spinning.

pkunk
07-10-2008, 07:04 PM
Posted the PDF in 3 separate PDF's in Troublechooting/PDF's sticky. Just download all 3 files to make it complete.

Digitalwoodshop
07-10-2008, 07:49 PM
Chris Alb pointed out to me that somewhere is a instruction that 8 washers are now used to hold the top cover to the 4 posts to raise the unit to accommodate the Z upper screw.

I took a Sander to my plastic and I was one of the first to install a new Z pack.

Instructions.... Don't think they were written then....

AL

shoe2728
07-10-2008, 09:01 PM
How can you tell if you have an old Z-pack and if so is the upgrade free.
thanks

fwharris
07-10-2008, 10:47 PM
How can you tell if you have an old Z-pack and if so is the upgrade free.
thanks

look at the post below and also the PDFs that pkunk did a great job of getting posted to the PDF area of Troubleshooting.

Al has posted pictures of the old and new circuit board that comes with the upgrade. As far as being free, I think LHR will only do the upgrade if you have a problem with your existing one and are still under warranty.

http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7273&highlight=z+pack+upgrade