PDA

View Full Version : I was all ready to get mad!

ncamp
07-09-2008, 04:27 PM
Just upgraded my computer from 1 gig of memory to 4 gigs (well, only 3.something show up since I have a 32 bit OS). I was ready to call up CW to fuss because I just knew the upgrade was going to wipe out my licenses.

Funny thing, the computer booted up. Changed the virtual memory settings. Rebooted. Tryed to open designer, and it worked just fine!!! No lost licenses or anything.

Man, I already had my fussing all planned out, and did not get to use any of it. Don't you just hate it when things work like they are suppost to?

TurkeyBranch
07-09-2008, 04:46 PM
Upgrading the RAM won't effect any programs. Only if you changed the Hard Drive

I bet you did have it ready :)
I called them once ready to fuss cause my machine wouldn't power up.........You have to plug it in for it to power up, did you all know that? :rolleyes:

Ed

badger
07-09-2008, 05:22 PM
Ive wondered if LHR tech support ever gets any calls like this from us.

http://www.phonelosers.org/media/PLA_Tech_Support_Cactus_The_User_Is_Broken.mp3

TerryT
07-09-2008, 06:49 PM
Bummer man. I hate wasting a good "mad"!

Digitalwoodshop
07-09-2008, 09:33 PM
I had the same kind of thought today.... I had to cut 7 Wine Rack Sides and each took 59 min to cut on a sled adding a PNH Tree. I started early after working late and cut one last night finishing at Midnight.

Had a Deadline today of 5 PM, meeting the Ladies to pick up the last 8 Wine Racks. I looked at the time this morning and I was due to finish at 4 PM..... Cutting it CLOSE...

Well Murphy was visiting someone else and the machine worked flawlessly for 7 carves and finished at 4:15 with bit changes. Made the deadline, even had time for a Shower first.... Was Driving to the meet thinking.... WOW.... It all went "RIGHT".... Dam that is a GREAT MACHINE......

AL