PDA

View Full Version : Problems in Pattern Editor

rhausman
07-07-2008, 10:38 PM
Spent almost 12 hr scanning larger figure ... it needed some erasure/touching up when the pattern finished ... BUT can't seem to get anytool to open except "tweak" symbol and magnifier ... since the Pattern Editor "Help" function apparently does not exist, where can I find directions on how to get the tools to function?

I download the pattern from zip drive and it opens on the screen in Pattern Editor with pattern on left side of screen and b&w depth indicator on right side of screen ... where can I find usage instructions? Sorry, but it simply 'tain't 'logical' to my way of thinking ... thanks for any valid suggestions ... r

ChrisAlb
07-08-2008, 04:29 AM
Hi rhausman,

I'll assume you're using the newest 1.130 version. It sounds like maybe you got a bad installation?

I haven't spent "much" time in the new PE but I did check it out and all seems to be working OK as usual.

What OS are you running?

rhausman
07-08-2008, 10:54 AM
No, am still using 1.126 version ... past experience has taught me to wait a while on switching to new versions until originators have have a chance to work out all the bugs normally found ... I get too frustrated trying to work around 'bugs' ...

As noted in original post, the tools seemed to work fine when I scanned in and touched up a dragonfly (from a bronze plaque) ... this was in the past 2 to 3 weeks. Only difference between then and now was length of scan period ... the recent figure is almost 3,000KB in size while dragonfly was 1/4 or less that. r

ChrisAlb
07-08-2008, 11:20 AM
No, am still using 1.126 version ... past experience has taught me to wait a while on switching to new versions until originators have have a chance to work out all the bugs normally found ... I get too frustrated trying to work around 'bugs' ...

As noted in original post, the tools seemed to work fine when I scanned in and touched up a dragonfly (from a bronze plaque) ... this was in the past 2 to 3 weeks. Only difference between then and now was length of scan period ... the recent figure is almost 3,000KB in size while dragonfly was 1/4 or less that. r

It "may" have something to do with the file size. I've seen before in here where some folks were having trouble with large scans. I've never scanned an area much bigger than about 6" x 6". The files were around 1500KB I think and had no troubles. I've had 3 or 4 of them on the card at once so it makes me think it's not the "room" on the card but the size within one file....Hmmmm

Soon as I get my scanner working again (hopefully this week), I think I'll try some large ones and see what happens.

rhausman
07-08-2008, 02:15 PM
Thanks, Chris ... I appreciate your responses ... only thing I know to do at this point is cut the pattern then trim on bandsaw/scrollsaw, then rescan again ... however, there is bound to be a better way to skin this cat! Appreciate, r

ChrisAlb
07-08-2008, 02:39 PM
r,

I'd give LHR a call on this. I mean, the CW should scan as big a scan as the card can hold. It would seem you made it through the scan alright and it fit on the card, it has to be something simple. Maybe even unrelated like not enough ram or too many other apps running. It sounds like the CW and card are doing what they should but the breakdown happens within PE. And not even loading the file but in the PE GUI itself if I remember.

Sounds like a computer system issue to to me. A corrupted file, virus, bad write to the registry. I'd be tempted to backup my patterns, uninstall and reinstall Designer. Not an install "over" one but actually get rid of it. If nothing else, it eliminates one more thing.

Good luck!