PDA

View Full Version : first carve in the machine

supershingler
07-07-2008, 09:23 PM
my carvewright finally found it way to my shop(much to the dislike of my better half).

made a quick little sign up to try on the software

had a hard time getting started kept gitting a board sensor error
tried everything to get it

checked all settings and still got same error

finally just turned of the machine and waited a couple of minutes

restarted and everything is working. whew.

got a late start wife and kids might be up for a while lol

my shop is in my basement right now

thanks for this forum and all the great people that give all their ideas so freely
without this i probobally would not of bought the carvewright

thanks again

Dan-Woodman
07-07-2008, 09:35 PM
Welcome and congrats on the first. You have just become an expert!!!! You'll be carv'en up a storm before you know it.
Next step is pictures, man, pictures. It does'nt mater what you carve , we all learn from everyones pictures,even if its in the way you piece two patterns together,or whatever.
Happy carving later Daniel

supershingler
07-07-2008, 10:18 PM
thanks dan

been woodworking for 36 years and all i got to say is

where has this machine been for so long lol

i can see i need a seperate room to run the carver its about driving me nuts with the sound it make. kind of like my wife hollering at me. i know ill grow to love it lol

www.go3d.us
07-07-2008, 10:26 PM
Welcome and congratulation on your new machine. I too was saying the same thing when I saw the commercial of the machine on TV. :)

I've carved about 50 projects with this machine and so far without any problem s, only a few time board sensor error which has been fixed.

Happy carving.

HT

SandBuoy
07-07-2008, 11:06 PM
Welcome to the forum shingler. I the CC on Tv about 3:00 in the morning on night. The wife said that might be something that you could use to pick up some cash and keep you busy....What a Gal.

I can't complain about mine ever really having a bad problem. My worse was a bad memory card and reader. I did have a bad board sensor but I think that was from using an air compressor to close to the sensor. I few probelms with the head CW helped me fix and now I have a door sensor acting up.

But I have carved 15 lithophanes, 10 signs, a few clocks and a ton of cut outs. The machine is very amazing and easy to learn. Its making the patterns and doing some of the more difficult stuff on the machine I am still learning.

Can't wait to start seeing your projects on the Gallery. Good luck and keep the chip flying.

LollyWood
07-08-2008, 06:31 AM
Nice job Shingler.
Now your in the "Hooked on CW" club. Welcome and grats on the first one. They don't get any easier, but they do get hell-a more fun. ;)

From the gang that will be taking up more of your time, a peace offering for the Boss.

newcarver
07-08-2008, 07:47 AM
thanks dan

been woodworking for 36 years and all i got to say is

where has this machine been for so long lol

i can see i need a seperate room to run the carver its about driving me nuts with the sound it make. kind of like my wife hollering at me. i know ill grow to love it lol

Built a room for mine in the garage awhile back. Cut the noise down dramaticly, as well as the dust. Room is 4' deep by 8' wide by 8' tall, plenty or room for the machine and my small dust collector. May have to vent it though, I ran the dust bag through the wall, built it too air tight.

supershingler
07-08-2008, 09:34 AM
well first carve came out about 40% decent lol
man have i got lots to learn

did a sign in pine for my business

had some chipout in the lettering

this should be fun when i learn the system

thanks all for the support