PDA

View Full Version : Carving Pattern Moves in Y-Axis

Birkeness
07-07-2008, 06:01 PM
The carving pattern will not stay aligned. The effect is a raster carving that shifts, midstream! Either a fraction of an inch toward the control panel, or it builds upon itself and comes off the board.
It's a bummer at the end of a 6 hour pattern and losing 10 bf of wood.
I have received "Y-axis error 192" before, but just now there was no error and an 1/8" jog to the pattern happened similiar to the attached photo.
Support has this information but has not replied with a solution, but has asked me to verify Y-axis data - which is good.

Amonaug
07-07-2008, 06:13 PM
Make sure the Y-rail is clean, the belt is not too loose or has something jammed in the teeth and the teeth on the gears are in good shape. If it's not any of those than it could be the Y-motor or a circuit board problem which LHR will have t help with. But I'd check the above things first.

With the power off the Y-truck should move from one end to the other fairly easily and smoothly.

Digitalwoodshop
07-07-2008, 06:33 PM
Sawdust in the Y Axis Belt Cogs.... Happened to me too....

AL

Birkeness
07-07-2008, 08:52 PM
Thanks! :) know exactly what you're saying as the results are in even and repetitive increments, so I'd agree about the belt cogs.
My Y-axis stuff is pretty good. The single error I received must have been due to the Z Truck coming over too far for normal operations.
I am very disciplined when it comes to preventative maintenance on this thing, otherwise... (Well aren't we all?). My PM routine is performed everytime the machine completes a program more than an hour in length. Which includes both Y & Z track and wheel cleaning.
For the future, I think I'll start vacuuming out the Y-Axis belt corridor during a program more than a couple of hours long and add a Y-Axis cog wheel checkup to my maintenance schedule.