PDA

View Full Version : Z axis stall error 246

Wid T
07-06-2008, 04:23 PM
Hi all,
I'am getting "Z axis stall error 246" .........
... while starting program and choosing which project to carve. This is my second carve, if I can get the CW to work.
I tried the search and didn't do so well:confused:
Thanks for any Help.
Wid T

bobi
07-06-2008, 07:55 PM
Hi all,
I'am getting "Z axis stall error 246" .........
... while starting program and choosing which project to carve. This is my second carve, if I can get the CW to work.
I tried the search and didn't do so well:confused:
Thanks for any Help.
Wid T

Below is from the troubleshooting guide, is it applicable in your case?

LCD Displays A “Z-Stall” When Working On A Board Less Than 3/4"
Problem: When the machine goes to do a clearing pass on the bit at the beginning of
the project it returns a Z-stall. This happens right after it asks you to insert the bit.
Solution: Download and update the firmware on the memory card, and/or repair board
tracking sensor housing.
1. Check the plastic housing of the board tracking sensor for holes or cuts. The
board tracking sensor is the brass roller and housing between the two sandpaper
belts. If the housing has been cut, repair using epoxy puddy or JB weld to fill in
hole. Build the section to roughly the same height as the plastic housing. You
can be over as much as the thickness of a dime and it will still work. One test to
determine if this is the problem, place a dime in the U-shaped slot on top of the
board tracking plastic housing and run a project. If the z-stall no longer appears
than repair the board sensors plastic housing.
2. Download and update the firmware on the memory card.

Wid T
07-14-2008, 03:43 PM
A907 Z Motor New Bundle, is on its way, along with a PDF on the install.
Thanks for your response.
Wid T

Digitalwoodshop
07-14-2008, 05:18 PM
Everyone should have the new Z Bundle. Free in Warranty and $$ out of warranty. You will need sooner or later but sooner is a better bet.

AL

Wid T
07-24-2008, 05:33 PM
A907 Z Motor New Bundle Installed :) But I'am still getting Z axis stall error 246 ....... I did a little checking with CW and found the power supply board was burnt :( A core charge for a new ( ? ) power supply board is speeding up the process to the second cave .... and a cable for the never used prob
is on its way also.

The moral of the story........ if you have CW/CC don't let it set too long,
or you'll not get the bugs out of it before the warranty expires.....
So much to learn,
Wid T

Chuck Jarocki
07-24-2008, 10:19 PM
z axle gave me the same problems. CW was very helpful in sending a new
unit. I also had to replace the Y bundle, All in warranty.
This seems to be all corrected, however am still having problems with the sand belts moving to the left and rolling under which causes stress on the gears which had to be replaced because of being stripped. will have new racks installed. $100.00 core charge to be refunded when I send the old
oness back. My machine is less than 6 months old and under warranty.Hope to have all the bugs out before the warranty expires. Even though I am
disappointed with the machine so far, CW has been very cooperative with
me and I still have high hopes. Hang in there.

Wid T
07-28-2008, 10:52 AM
A907 Z Motor New Bundle Installed :) But I'am still getting Z axis stall error 246 ....... I did a little checking with CW and found the power supply board was burnt :( A core charge for a new ( ? ) power supply board is speeding up the process to the second cave .... and a cable for the never used prob
is on its way also.

The moral of the story........ if you have CW/CC don't let it set too long,
or you'll not get the bugs out of it before the warranty expires.....
So much to learn,
Wid T

So much for " A core charge for a new ( ? ) power supply board to speed up the process to the second cave .... and a cable for the never used prob is on its way also. Was told 3 to 5 days and a E-Mail notice. :)

No E-Mail so,I called Saturday and was told parts lady will not be in antill monday.

Called today (monday) and was told the order has not been aproved
yet by a Superviser and might still go out today Maybe.

Must Be Patient ...........................
......Patient.......................Patient Must Be :rolleyes:

Vent Over
Wid T