PDA

View Full Version : Plaster Mold

jpaluck
07-06-2008, 02:05 PM
Got this idea from HT and the concrete mold. I have never molded or cast anything always wanted to try it. I used plaster from paris. Forgot to put the realsing agent in the mold..so I had lots of chip out. Plus some air bubbles. The potential is there with a little practice. I inverted the pattern and poly'd the inside of the mold quite a bit..can be used again easy with some cleaning..gonnatry it again BUT REMBER the realseaing agent this time LOL and probably reduce the back to a 1/4 from 3/4, it's very heavy. Also gonna try some polyster casting resin. Now I just a new flex shaft to try some other patterns.

John

Amonaug
07-06-2008, 03:51 PM
You know, this is a great alternative for those that wish to carve in plastic. Simply make a mold in wood or foam and pour an expoy acrylic....wola a plastic carving without the wear on the machine.

andes
07-06-2008, 08:06 PM
Yea, I think the idea is cool too. I am thinking about using it. I've needed to make some pavers, but I've put it off because of the process of making a mold. But this idea is great. I have to make a really lot of them :D