PDA

View Full Version : Still a newbie

Richard Fugazzi
07-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Today when I started my CW with projects on the card all I was able to get on the display screen after pushing the "project" button was a lot of jiberish. 0(7661w[/;de[;.]sq/qs/]. This is only the second time I have used the CW. The first time it seemed to work fine.

Anyone have any ideas:confused:
Rich F

Jeff_Birt
07-05-2008, 10:08 PM
Try reformatting the card (in Designer File->Flash Manager). Make sure you never remove it from the machine while the machine is on.

Richard Fugazzi
07-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Hi Jeff,
Thanks for your response. I reformated the card and reloaded 2 projects. Still getting the jiberish on th CW display. Any other ideas?

How sensitive is the CW to heat damage? I carried the unit around in my car for about 10 days with outside temps in the low 90's.
Thanks,
Rich

Jeff_Birt
07-06-2008, 03:20 PM
So, if I understand correctly, you get the initial display "CarveWright...", and then are presented with the "1) Project" menu item. Can you scroll through the other menu items? Try pressing '0' -> '7' to go to the sensor test menu. Scroll through the various screens with the Up/Down arrow keys. Does that look OK?

Richard Fugazzi
07-06-2008, 05:26 PM
I set up the board for the project I want to run. With the mem card in I turn on the CW. I press the "project" button and all I get on the display is
';{P>{<pop8o,[pm:>ij. The jiberish as I call it. :mrgreen:

Thanks for your help.
I guess I will call tec support tomorrow.
Rich