PDA

View Full Version : Carving changes speed

BarryLondrigan
07-04-2008, 08:35 PM
Hi there all. I am new to CW and new to the forum. Great place. I ended up with two machines! I have only carved three things so far..

I have a question concerning the motor speed. This has happened on both machines so I assume it is normal.. It was carving along at a certain speed....and then the sound of the motor indicated it had sped up considerably....and it maintained that new speed. It sounded a lot cleaner atthat speed as well. At 50% I lifted the cover to vacuum....when I put it back down....it returned to the original speed.

Is there a bearing issueor something? Anyone have this experience?

Thanks

barry

Steven Alford
07-04-2008, 08:39 PM
I have noticed the same thing with my machine so I am going to assume it is normal.

I t was mentioned in previous posts that lifting the lid is not the best way to stop the carving. You should use the stop button on the key pad.

Steve

ChrisAlb
07-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Mines run at turbo at various points in the carve since day one. Don't know if it "should" but it's always carved fine.

Lifting the cover to stop the machine is perfectly fine. It's designed that way and again, I've done it since day one several times per carve to clean.

AskBud
07-04-2008, 09:02 PM
I have noticed that the speed increases when the carve depth is less/lighter, and there is no complicated carve. I notice it at the end of carving a rectangle as if makes the finishing cuts.
i.e. lighter is faster.
AskBud

BarryLondrigan
07-04-2008, 10:12 PM
Thanks guys...that eases my mind a bit. I am just learning but we are excited about the fun ahead...we got one for each of us....dualing carvewrights! This is a great place to learn...without it...these machines would not be half the fun!

Digitalwoodshop
07-04-2008, 10:55 PM
It's almost midnight and am I the only one still working.... Delivery day tomorrow....

Chris, Masthope 10 AM, the Store guy will be there if you want to meet.

I have a few files that I made in 126 and cut in 126 and a few new files added to the card. Card updated to 130. The new 130 mpc's cut at different speeds. The old 126 MPC's cut as normal 126. The V60 Text is light and the machine hums along at what looks like half power. I screams doing a cut path.... on the same file. I think LHR did incorporate the speed more into the system. Wish I had a strobe tach to see the RPM.

Woodman
07-05-2008, 06:40 AM
Mine was doing that too. Got a new RPM sensor and it quit doing it so far. Also, I read that if your exhaust filter is clogged up it the motor heats up and the rpm will increase. Worth checking. Good luck! Pete

larry711
07-06-2008, 04:17 AM
mine is doing it to. it did not use to.two new cut moters. both were bad. new rpm sensor.the thing to watch is the flex cable if your rpm gets to fast for verry long it will get to hot. at least mine does.

ChrisAlb
07-06-2008, 05:11 AM
mine is doing it to. it did not use to.two new cut moters. both were bad. new rpm sensor.the thing to watch is the flex cable if your rpm gets to fast for verry long it will get to hot. at least mine does.

Larry,

You might want to check the status and type of your flex shaft lube. My machine usually gets anywhere from 5% to 20% into a carve and then goes turbo for the rest of it. It has done this on every carve from day one. I've had carves up to 15 hours long (most hover between 2 to 4) and my cable never gets beyond luke warm.

Make sure you're using a "good" moly lube that has at least 20% moly.

I recomend...

http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showpost.php?p=53871&postcount=4

Chris

larry711
07-06-2008, 09:13 AM
i use theliquid wrench industrial chain lube with molly but it dose not say what persent molly. i have seen on other posts to soak it for a number of hours. havent done that. only did it for one hour. should it be longer?