PDA

View Full Version : A small victory, but still a victory!

Woodman
07-04-2008, 11:09 AM
Just broke loose my first quick change. Got a digitally controlled heat gun & put it on 450 and heated the QC until my digital thermometer read 325 on the nut that holds it onto the z truck. Came off easy as ya please but cooked the plastic on the top of the old QC. Waited until things cooled down and brass brushed the old loctite off of the threads and now am awaiting my new QC from LHR. Ha! I'll be grinning about that the rest of the day I reckon. *VBG* I'd been worrying a bit about doing that and it went very smooth.

liquidguitars
07-04-2008, 11:15 AM
good job! it's a good idea to add a small amount of lock tight to the spindle when replacing and tighten firmly.

LG

fwharris
07-04-2008, 11:27 AM
Woodman,

Great job! I will be doing the same thing in a few days. I do not have a digitally controlled heat gun or a digital thermometer so I might not be as successful as you.

Amonaug
07-04-2008, 11:57 AM
All I used was a hair dryer on high. Worked great and it came off fairly easy. I used the flat wrench on the nut and turned it so that when I turn the square socket the wrench was against the Y-rail so all I really need to do was turn the socket.