PDA

View Full Version : Help will not come up on computer

furball
07-03-2008, 09:08 PM
I have reloaded the Project Desinger install disc to hopefully find my Help files.
No such luck. Does anyone have any ideas?

mtylerfl
07-03-2008, 10:00 PM
I have reloaded the Project Desinger install disc to hopefully find my Help files.
No such luck. Does anyone have any ideas?

Hello,

There is no Help File for the Pattern Editor, but the Help File for the Designer software should be working just fine. If it's not, you may need to call LHR and see if they have any idea why it's not working for you.

AskBud
07-03-2008, 10:02 PM
Are you saying that you do not have HELP on the top Tool Bar, or are you saying that that HELP does not give you the options as shown in this snapshot?
AskBud

mtylerfl
07-03-2008, 10:14 PM
Hmmm...Just thought of something else...are you using Windows Vista? Some Help Files do not work with Vista. Helpfiles that I know do not work with Vista are ones with the .hlp file extension.

Honestly don't know if that's the problem in your case, but thought I would mention it.

To get those to work, you have to install an application called WinHlp32.exe for Windows. Here is the link to MicroSoft's website to download the application:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=6ebcfad9-d3f5-4365-8070-334cd175d4bb

furball
07-04-2008, 03:42 PM
Yes I have the help toolbar, but when I click on it it just goes down to my taskbar & does nothing. It does not open anything. I did reload my Project Designer disc but it did not fix anything. I am running Windows XP

Kenm810
07-04-2008, 04:26 PM
Clicking on the Help icon in the CW Desiger menu bar (photo 1)
opens the designers help menu.

Clicking on the Help Contents icon (Photo 2)
opens the CarveWright Handbook and its contents.