PDA

View Full Version : What is this?

David Myers
07-02-2008, 04:31 PM
Can anyone tell me what this is?

I was removing the dead power supply from my machine and when I turned it up-right I noticed this little disk stuck to one of the z truck rails. It is magnetic and is 1/4" diam ~ 1/16" thick.

Does anyone know were this might go or what it is.

My machine is down waiting for a new power supply, so I need to know if this goes to some thing else that I need to fix.

Thanks

David

bdehoyos
07-02-2008, 04:41 PM
It looks like the magnets that come with the bit set from CW , you know there is one for each bit in the box

Kenm810
07-02-2008, 04:44 PM
It looks like one of the little magnets from my bit holder case,
I was wondering where it went ---- not really sure how it got there!! http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

David Myers
07-02-2008, 06:10 PM
bdehoyos, Kenm810,

I just went out and looked at my bit case and the magnet under the 60 deg bit is missing, now for the bad news. I'm missing another one for the back of the case (3 out of 4).
I can only guess that it was on the bit when I loaded it and did not notice it while I was installing it.
It had to be in there for a few days I'm glad it did not mess up anything else.
I will be sure to check eveery bit before I install it and re-epoxy the loose ones.

Thanks

David

ChrisAlb
07-02-2008, 06:53 PM
YEP, That's what it is alright

Can't help but wonder if your "other" missing one(s) might have had something to do with the power supply? Sure hope not.

I noticed that the first time a pulled a nice new bit out of the box. I hot glued them ALL in from there but I still look in the box when I take out a bit.

Digitalwoodshop
07-02-2008, 08:28 PM
My first thought was the cut motor magnet... Wrong.... Box magnet...

Chris, Like you picture.... Should have you sitting on your HOG..... (Harley)....

AL

ChrisAlb
07-02-2008, 08:32 PM
Yea...figured it was time to let the ugly cat out of the bag....lol

Digitalwoodshop
07-02-2008, 08:35 PM
I am still hidding....

AL

ChrisAlb
07-02-2008, 08:40 PM
LOL...now see? You'll have to be nice to me cause I've got pictures of you from the Central Firehouse show....lol http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

Digitalwoodshop
07-02-2008, 10:41 PM
With your WIDE angle lens..... Yes, I am a BIG GUY....

AL

David Myers
07-03-2008, 06:26 AM
ChrisAlb,

Who is the new guy in your picture?

Reguarding the power supply, I brought it to work and cleaned and re-flowed the solder on the bottom to see if there were any cold solder joints then reinstalled but it still did not work. I pretty sure that there is a broken connection on the top side because if I tap on the supply it will come on for a second then go out again. They have so much grey silicon on the parts that it is hard to see anything. So I will take it one section at a time to trouble shoot the problem until the new one comes in this weekend. If I can't figure it out I'll send it back to recover my $40.00 core charge.

Take care and thanks for all the help you have given me in the past.

David

ChrisAlb
07-03-2008, 07:11 AM
ChrisAlb,

Who is the new guy in your picture?

Take care and thanks for all the help you have given me in the past.

David

Hey David,

NEW? guy.... Thanks!! http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif I thought it was OLD guy... http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon9.gif ...lol

You're very welcome. Always happy to help when I can. I learn a LOT as well from doing so.

castingman
07-03-2008, 07:16 AM
Chris,

If your the old guy where's the " chrome " in your gote ? Mine has as much as my hog.....lol... Michael

ChrisAlb
07-03-2008, 07:23 AM
Chris,

If your the old guy where's the " chrome " in your gote ? Mine has as much as my hog.....lol... Michael

Well buddy, you know how good I am with "graphics" programs right?...http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

Now if the chrome in my goatee cost as much as the chrome for my ultra, I'd have none of that either...lol

That's why I love this smiley so much too....http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif.....it has NICE TEETH!

castingman
07-03-2008, 07:35 AM
Hahaha,

Thats a good one...lol... Thats why there's no pic's of me on here,
Some buddys of mine do that hair thing, I tell them i earned all of the chrome!!
I gota ultra to.

Michael

ChrisAlb
07-03-2008, 07:43 AM
Well, No doubt I earned it but I think the good Lord paid me too much...LOL

We'll have to exchange pictures of the bikes Michael. I'd like to see yours. Mines an 07, Black Cherry & Pewter. Got it new last May. Just clicked 11,000 miles the other day.

Sure hope I can get this business rolling so I can keep it. Figured it's my last bike. My easychair...lol

castingman
07-03-2008, 07:51 AM
Cool,

I hope you get your biz going to, you have a talent with this stuff, Next week i want to by one of your patterns for my candle holder idea , i think it will work well.

I have a 96 i bought new not to many miles becuase of work , sold a 1980 FLH with 125000 miles to start the foundry back up .
I'll try to send you a pic, not very good at this yet..lol..

Michael

ChrisAlb
07-03-2008, 07:59 AM
My Baby...Ultra Classic

Audie
07-03-2008, 09:04 AM
My Baby...Ultra Classic

Nice hawg Chris! And they let you keep it parked on the showroom floor too! Or is that the rest of your collection? LOL

Peace,
Audie

ChrisAlb
07-03-2008, 09:29 AM
Nice hawg Chris! And they let you keep it parked on the showroom floor too! Or is that the rest of your collection? LOL

Peace,
Audie

Thanks Audie,

I'm really good friends with the dealership owners and they probably would let me keep it there but alas, My baby is pretty dirty from last weekends benefit ride (partially in the rain) so I wasn't about to show it that way...lol

Man don't wish that were "my" collection...lol...I could sell half of them and retire for sure.

That's one of many pictures I took the day I signed the papers. I was so excited I couldn't help myself. That, and I knew it would never look that good again....LOL

It's my first Harley. I had a 98 Suzuki Intruder 1400. Last summer my wife and I wanted to go on the first ride of the season. I pulled it out of storage, Fired it up and when we sat on it the rear shocks went down and that's where they stayed...LOL

It was a simply Gorgeous weekend and we weren't taking NO for an answer. So I called my buddy and said I wanted to rent a bike for the weekend. It was an Ultra Classic and the first time I ever rode a Harley. We put 785 miles on it between Saturday and Sunday. BIG MISTAKE!!! LOL

When I returned it Sunday night I saw that one in my two all time favorite colors. Told my buddy, Don't you DARE sell it!! The following weekend I bought it.

Audie
07-03-2008, 09:34 AM
Chris,

Got an idea for you! Actually I've been thinking about doing this myself for some of my biker friends.

6"X 6" Acrylic, carved with Harley stuff and/or personalized for the rider - mounted on 1/2" hardwood.....to be used as a kickstand plate.

ChrisAlb
07-03-2008, 09:42 AM
Audie,

Of course being a biker, when I first got my CW, Harley stuff was top of the list. Then I found out what they charge for the "right" to use their name and/or logos. Put the squash on that thought very quickly.

Be careful, As much as I LOVE the bike, Harley actively pursues the unauthorized use of their stuff. I "think" as long as you're "giving" it away, it's no problem. But selling anything without their permission could get ugly fast.

Audie
07-03-2008, 09:46 AM
Chris,

Of course you are right about Harley pursuing....just as MicroSoft does.

I am thinking more along the lines of the personalized (Harley logo exempted) kickstand plates that has owners name, club logo, unique design....or something along those lines.

Audie

ChrisAlb
07-03-2008, 09:59 AM
About 2 weeks after getting CW, I started drawing this. It still needs a lot of work as you can see and I haven't been back to it since last August. One of these days I'll get back to finishing it up. It carves "OK" now but not good enough for me.

They can't stop me from drawing the bikes....http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif...LOL

Ultra Classic

Audie
07-03-2008, 10:07 AM
Chris,

That bike looks great and I'm sure many owners would love to have something like that incorporated into a plaque, kickstand plate or anything else that personalizes their fetish and love for Harleys!

Keep it up my friend!!!
Audie