PDA

View Full Version : Goofy display

jspringertx
07-02-2008, 11:50 AM
I made the mistake of bragging about the reliabilty of my CompuCarve and not knocking on wood.

I decided to carve an image yesterday AM and all I got was a display of black boxes. I adjusted the contrast and no luck. I turned off the carver and removed the card. I then blew out the port and cleaned the card carefully. I tried this routine several time and still no luck.

I then called tech support and was asked if the card was in the machine. I said no, I had the card in the reader next to my computer. He told me that it needed to be in the carver...surprise!

I wasn't too happy, but I returned to the garage, inserted the card, and it worked. It could be that it was too warm in my garage, but if it works, so be it.

Paul Brown
07-02-2008, 03:39 PM
Wish I could have heard all of that conversation, when he asked you if your card was in the machine, or the look on your face. Happy Carving. Paul Brown

Kenm810
07-02-2008, 04:28 PM
I have to admit I've done it too!

jspringertx
07-02-2008, 09:21 PM
Wish I could have heard all of that conversation, when he asked you if your card was in the machine, or the look on your face. Happy Carving. Paul Brown

I am sure I looked like I did the day I called tech support at HP about an inkjet printer that wouldn't print on transparencies. The ink wouldn't dry and it was a mess. I figured that I had missed a setting so I decided to contact tech support.

The conversation went like this: "Hello, my name is &^%$, how can I help you?" I explained the problem I was having and his question was "HAVE YOU TAKEN THE PRINTER OUT OF THE BOX?"

Needless to say, I terminated that session immediately.