PDA

View Full Version : Project of the month?

cricket636
07-01-2008, 04:51 PM
Has anyone received there project of the month?

Deb

Betty Woodall
07-01-2008, 08:25 PM
Hi Deb,
Yes I received the project information through my e-mail. It is pretty self explanitory as to how you download the pattern and what must be done to license your subscription. Hope that you have found yours by this writing. BW

cricket636
07-01-2008, 10:13 PM
Yes got the project of the month, down loaded and ready to start my first project tomorrow, a friend gave me some Lyptus wood to use, it is pink in color and hopefully the fish will look more like salmon.

concepte
07-04-2008, 10:01 PM
My First Issue is the Trout Clock Project"

I received my email with my link to get my first Project of the Month.
When I click on the link - it tries to find the pattern, but fails. I called CW and they told me that they are having problems with the file. Well I have not got a reply from my email request on this fix and the link they sent me still does not work.

Is anyone else having problems or are you getting your pattern?

Thanks

Lin
07-04-2008, 10:40 PM
I just ordered and received the link and downloaded the zipped file earlier today...I just clicked on the link again to check and see if it would let me download the zip file again and it came up a second time...so it should be working for you...at least getting the file...setting the license might be another story...I have to admit..I have not purchase any patterns from the pattern depot so had not dealt with the new license agreement deal before today...took me a little bit of time and re reading the e-mail a few times but I got it to work and have my monthly project all down loaded and unzipped and checked it out in designer...
Lin

mtylerfl
07-05-2008, 08:44 AM
Hello All,

My good friend Lin alerted me to a typo on the Trout Project board length specified in the PDF Tutorial supplied with the Trout Project.

The board length I specified in the tutorial is short by 2.5". In other words, the board length should be 30.5" instead of 28" as mentioned in the tutorial. So, I'm eating some humble pie this AM.

I apologize, and it was totally my mistake, as I had erroneously copied/pasted the dimensions from an early version of the tut when I created the final tutorial layout. I'm more than a little embarassed that this slipped by me as I am a real stickler for accuracy. (I've emailed an updated pdf to LHR already to include with the project.)

Please run the project using a 30.5" (or longer is ok) length board.
With great appreciation, I give hats off to Lin for spotting this for me/us!

fwharris
07-05-2008, 10:01 AM
Michael,

I did not notice this until I was into the carve. While doing the back side carve of the fish and the board moved out far enough I saw how close they were to the end of the board. Thought about questioning this but did not. Good catch by Lin!!

I did have a problem with the cut outs of the clock pieces and the rock base (posted in trouble shooting) and this might have been a part of the problem. I do not think it was the main cause as I did have a problem with my 1/8" bit adapter and QC and after talking to tech support about my error message for (board to thick for cut out) a new Z motor. After the carve I did some checking for my problems and found some play/wobble with that bit.

I will need to go back and re cut the ring for the clock which is a no brainer to do.

Leason learned: Even the masters miss some of the small details!

Thanks for posting the corrections!

Hello All,

My good friend Lin alerted me to a typo on the Trout Project board length specified in the PDF Tutorial supplied with the Trout Project.

The board length I specified in the tutorial is short by 2.5". In other words, the board length should be 30.5" instead of 28" as mentioned in the tutorial. So, I'm eating some humble pie this AM.

I apologize, and it was totally my mistake, as I had erroneously copied/pasted the dimensions from an early version of the tut when I created the final tutorial layout. I'm more than a little embarassed that this slipped by me as I am a real stickler for accuracy. (I've emailed an updated pdf to LHR already to include with the project.)

Please run the project using a 30.5" (or longer is ok) length board.
With great appreciation, I give hats off to Lin for spotting this for me/us!

cricket636
07-05-2008, 12:27 PM
Michael,

I did not notice this until I was into the carve. While doing the back side carve of the fish and the board moved out far enough I saw how close they were to the end of the board. Thought about questioning this but did not. Good catch by Lin!!

I did have a problem with the cut outs of the clock pieces and the rock base (posted in trouble shooting) and this might have been a part of the problem. I do not think it was the main cause as I did have a problem with my 1/8" bit adapter and QC and after talking to tech support about my error message for (board to thick for cut out) a new Z motor. After the carve I did some checking for my problems and found some play/wobble with that bit.

I will need to go back and re cut the ring for the clock which is a no brainer to do.

Leason learned: Even the masters miss some of the small details!

Thanks for posting the corrections!

I had the same problems with board length. I gave up on the second side and put in a new longer board. It worked fine but had the same problems on the clock and rock cutout. So it must be in the design, I'm trying to figure out what went wrong.
Is there any way I can save the first board, to carve the second side, without recarving the first side?

Deb

Amonaug
07-05-2008, 12:32 PM
I had the same problems with board length. I gave up on the second side and put in a new longer board. It worked fine but had the same problems on the clock and rock cutout. So it must be in the design, I'm trying to figure out what went wrong.
Is there any way I can save the first board, to carve the second side, without recarving the first side?

Deb

Delete the side you don't want to carve and upload it to the card, you don't have to save the .mpc in order to upload it so no worries about messing up the original .mpc

mtylerfl
07-05-2008, 01:07 PM

Deb

Hi Deb,

Besides having the correct board length (30.5");) be sure your outfeed tables are not "lifting" the board and that the board you use is flat with no cupping or warp either...in other words, be sure the black rollers on the outfeeds won't "bump" the board as it comes in contact with them. Adjust so that the outfeed rollers j-u-s-t barely come in contact evenly with the bottom of the board. (I actually dropped my outfeeds out of the way on this project so there was no chance of "outfeed-caused" board lift...which I often do on "short-board" projects like this one, unless the lumber is unusually heavy.)

You shouldn't have any trouble with the rock or clock cutouts if everything is "normal" and the outfeeds are adjusted well. I've done two of the projects myself and didn't have any issues...all the cutpaths left tabs that held everything in place alright.

Please let me know if you need anything.

concepte
07-05-2008, 09:06 PM
I just ordered and received the link and downloaded the zipped file earlier today...I just clicked on the link again to check and see if it would let me download the zip file again and it came up a second time...so it should be working for you...at least getting the file...setting the license might be another story...I have to admit..I have not purchase any patterns from the pattern depot so had not dealt with the new license agreement deal before today...took me a little bit of time and re reading the e-mail a few times but I got it to work and have my monthly project all down loaded and unzipped and checked it out in designer...
Lin

I tried the original email with the same problem - file could not be found. About the license - it came down just fine with the program MANAGE LICENSE function. Just do not have the file.

I have received and downloaded other bought projects without a problem - This problem only deals with the Monthly Project Subscription.

I guess I will wait for Monday and call CW again.
Thanks
Larry

caseyj2222
07-05-2008, 09:08 PM
Mike,

I'm confused about the end of the second page of the PDF tutorial. It tells you to put the 1/8 inch vector bit in and then at the start of the third page it tells you to put the 1/16 th inch carving bit in and says that it needs to finish carving BEFORE the 1/8th inch vector bit is used even though it already told me to load that bit first.

Please explain.

mtylerfl
07-06-2008, 06:55 AM
Mike,

I'm confused about the end of the second page of the PDF tutorial. It tells you to put the 1/8 inch vector bit in and then at the start of the third page it tells you to put the 1/16 th inch carving bit in and says that it needs to finish carving BEFORE the 1/8th inch vector bit is used even though it already told me to load that bit first.

Please explain.

Hi Casey,

If there are both cut paths and carvings in a portion of a project, the machine always asks for the LAST bit to be inserted FIRST during setup, so if you have cut paths and carvings in a project, it goes like this...

1) Insert 1/8" cutting, homes, etc., then remove

2) Insert 1/16" carving, homes, etc., project carves, then remove

3) Insert 1/8" cutting, homes, etc., cut paths are performed, done

Hope that clarifies that for you. Just follow the instructions and the corresponding machine prompts and you'll be A-OK.