PDA

View Full Version : please help

pscychnurse
07-01-2008, 08:39 AM
I've had my machine 3 months. I have made 24 calls, received 3 parts and he head stll wont go up/down. the techs are nice but when I ask a question they run to look at the machine and then guess. can anyone help me??? I've tried the wrench in the hole thing but it doesnt seem like the left/right are calibrated together

Jeff_Birt
07-01-2008, 09:04 AM
It sounds like you have an issue with the head not being level (part that cranks up/down). It seems that the lack of care taken by shippers is the big culprit on any such equipment. I know my new planer box looked like someone tried to feed it through a wood chipper. CW will ship your machine to their facility for warranty repair. Since you have not been able to resolve the problem yourself, with their help, I would ask about sending it in.

Woodman
07-02-2008, 06:54 PM
I had reason to check the levelness of my head due to quality of carving issues and found it to be off level. I was told by tech help to take the 12 screws off of the bottom of the machine, exposing a tie rod and gear assembly that controls the height of each side of the head. There is a small washer and phillips screw on the left hand side of the tie rod. Loosen the screw just enough to where the gear is enabled to be disengaged from the tie rod (i.e. the tie rod doesn't move when the handle left hand side of the machine is turned). You need a level to do this. You see how far off level your head is, do the actions listed above and turn the handle to move ONE side of the head in the right direction (up or down) to get your head in the right position. It's not too hard to do (I did it!) and may take more than one attempt but if you keep rechecking it by tipping the machine upright and then tipping it on it's side and moving the handle and then checking it again you can get your head level. I thought it was a good idea to check if the stand or table your machine sets on was level or not too as that can make your level lie to you when you set it on top of the machine. I put my level very close to where the "CARVEWRIGHT" is carved on the top of the machine, lengthwise across the top. Hope I haven't muddied the waters for ya! Pete