PDA

View Full Version : new version

ditchdoc
07-01-2008, 08:25 AM
I've been trying to download version 1.130 but keep getting a message stating "the feature is on a network resource which is unavailable" I've tried installing the patch and the full version. Neither will complete and I get the same message for both. One note: even the "full version" says it's a patch. Anyone know whats up with this?

TurkeyBranch
07-01-2008, 08:32 AM
I had the same problem, guess it is universal. Hopefully they will fix today or tomorrow

DeeShrier
07-01-2008, 08:47 AM
Yup - same problem here.

I've been writing computer system software for 40 years now and the real world never fails to interfere with new software maintenance/release. This is probably a quick fix once a CarveWright SE addresses it.

There's are sayings in software development circles:
1) new software fixes old problems and introduces new problems; and
2) God created users to generate test data for programmers.

dwbox
07-01-2008, 09:22 AM
the link for the full install points to the patch. Try this: http://www.carvewright.com/downloads/designer_1_130.exe

dr01allen
07-01-2008, 07:51 PM
you will need your original CD to complete the install. If you installed from a network drive, you'll need to reconnect.

bobi
07-01-2008, 08:01 PM
I've been trying to download version 1.130 but keep getting a message stating "the feature is on a network resource which is unavailable" I've tried installing the patch and the full version. Neither will complete and I get the same message for both. One note: even the "full version" says it's a patch. Anyone know whats up with this?

It appears to me that the "path" that it is trying to find itself at is one directory too deep. Simply navigate down the path and look for an ?????.msi file with the current date and time that is when you first tried to run the install and double click it. It will then install from that ?????.msi file. The question marks are because the file name changes. You will likely find the msi file in C:/Documents and Setings/username/local/temp folder, but it may be different on your system.

castingman
07-01-2008, 08:15 PM
bobi

Ok I'm computer stupid , I have been reading all day about downloading the new program . I got the tips and tricks from cw , hit the upgrade and in no time i had the upgrade and did not loose any patterns , I am trying to understand and help if i can ,

Michael