PDA

View Full Version : Error 527

ChrisAlb
06-30-2008, 12:27 PM
OK Folks,

Time to pick the collective carving brain in here.

Went to scan today, haven't in months. Last one was fine. After homing and asking for the first corner, I jogged it there, hit Enter and the truck won't go down. It "tries" to but all I get is a little click and about a billionth of and inch down travel and nothing. Hit the Enter several times and keep getting the click and same amount of movement.

When I (pushed...hehe) the truck down and hit Enter, I get....

Motion Flush W/O Servo. Error 527.

Any clues??

Audie
06-30-2008, 12:51 PM
Wow Chris!

Where in the heck can I get a micrometer that measures to the billionth of an inch? That just sounds to good to be true for an anal retentive individual!!!! LOL

When I first got my probe it was doing something similar...I removed the probe a couple of times...exercised the probe side-side, up-to-side, swiveled and then lite a candle and it worked right after that.

Peace out!
Audie

Jeff_Birt
06-30-2008, 01:05 PM
I would give the probe a good cleaning. Take out the three screws on the bottom and remove the cover. Clean the contacts and put a very, very, very light coat of dielectric grease on them. (I smear an almost invisible bit of the grease on my finger and then wipe the contacts.) When you reinstall the three screws (or any screws in to plastic for that matter), start them by rotating them backwards a bit until you feel a slight 'snap' or 'drop' feeling, and then tighten. The 'snap' comes from the screw seating into the original threads. Doing this ensures that you not cutting new threads each time you remove/re-install the screw.

ChrisAlb
06-30-2008, 02:36 PM
Thanks guys,

Audie, I did move it around during a sensor check and it the probe itself seems to work fine. That is, I get an open & closed message when moving it. And....there's no micrometer to measure that man. That's my EYE buddy...LOL (just an expression) but the movement is VERY slight.

Jeff, I'll take a look at it. I've only used it maybe 10 or 15 times and it lives in it's box and is as clean as new. But hey, Ya never know.

Thanks!

ChrisAlb
07-01-2008, 10:24 AM
Well the "new" software changed the symptoms but didn't solve the problem.

Truck still won't go down when selecting first corner but now....LOL...It Does move to asking to confirm the starting point, then asks for the ending corner, Hit enter & still won't go down but asks to confirm. I do and then it asks to start the scan. I hit enter and it goes through the motions but up at full height thus scanning air.

Wow, I guess for the first time I have to actually call the LHR boys. Weird!! Going to set up a carve just to make sure that still works...lol

Oh well....

Personally, I don't see much change in the "new" version of Designer but then I haven't played with it (much) yet. Just took a quick look. Can't understand what the "color" option is for in PE. The magic wand is kind of neat but the one in PSP is still more useful in my mind.

Anyone noticed a difference in carving with it yet??

Jeff_Birt
07-01-2008, 10:30 AM
Chris, have you tried looking at your probe in the sensor test menu yet? (press 0 then 7). It sounds like the internals of the probe are making intermittent contact. Have you cleaned it yet?

ChrisAlb
07-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Yep Jeff, did that right after your post. It was clean as a whistle as I suspected it would be. Just some very slight dark spots that wiped right off with my finger. I had checked the readings before my initial post and got the old open & closed just fine.

Been up all night with it apart and everything "appears" to be fine mechanically. Servos all working fine. Moves smooth as silk on all axis. Just won't go down when selecting start and end points for scanning.

By the way buddy, really liked your tip about turning the screws backward to feel the click!! I'm no stranger to dealing with screws in plastic but before your suggestion, I just always made sure I was very careful about finding the thread start. Your method works FLAWLESSLY for that!!

I'll really start worrying when I DON"T learn something new everyday...LOL

Digitalwoodshop
07-01-2008, 03:56 PM
Chris,

I am here all night is you want to borrow my probe and see if it makes a difference....

Also have a Z Motor you can try too if you want.

AL

ChrisAlb
07-01-2008, 04:10 PM
Hey Thanks Al,

Lord knows I've tried everything else...lol

I thought I had it. I decide to reassemble the CW and try a carve. I got EVERY error everyone has ever posted in here. Close cover, every axis stall, NOTHING on the sensors check, rollers released when compressed, I mean everything. I knew it had to be a bad connection somewhere. Turns out the ribbon cable to the truck was loose at the truck and making intermittent contact. Took it out (never saw a ribbon cable without a plug before), put it back in and with the top cover off the machine and closed, wiggled it a bit and sure enough, everything came back.

AH HA I said, I FOUND IT!! LOL Just finished a 1.5 hour carve without a hitch. Put the probe in and......NOTHING....Same problem??

This one truly has me baffled?? No Idea what to check next. Since it carves OK I have to assume the Z motor is good? I guess trying another probe would be yet another test. Can't hurt.

bdehoyos
07-01-2008, 04:32 PM
This might be redundant since you already clean the machine, but you night what to be sure that the female plug where the probe connects to the machine is free of dust inside

This has never happened to me but the first time I saw the connector I decided to put a “dust guard” on it to prevent dust from getting in there

ChrisAlb
07-01-2008, 04:40 PM
Thanks bdehoyos,

I did have that thought around 1:30 am this morning. Checked it and it's clean. But on that note, I found it actually goes straight through as well. So every time I vacuum it out, it can pull air right through it. I never knew that until this situation so fearing the same as you (no cover) I always made sure I put the vac hose right against it...lol

All I know is two things....

it HAS to be something and, if there's one thing you know, it's you never know...lol

Digitalwoodshop
07-01-2008, 05:40 PM
It's 73 degrees, the sun is out, a GREAT DAY for a bike ride to my place to get the probe.... Worse case I will loan you a machine...... I am heading by your place Thursday morning.

AL

TerryT
07-01-2008, 06:26 PM
Chris,
You may have already tried this but I have found that a lot of the wierd stuff can be fixed by turning the machine off, removing the card AND unpluging it for at least 30 seconds. If not try pushing the enter button twice in quick succession when marking the corners.

Digitalwoodshop
07-01-2008, 06:58 PM
Chris just picked up the probe and some parts and it looks like a long night for Chris...

Good Luck,

AL

ChrisAlb
07-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Chris just picked up the probe and some parts and it looks like a long night for Chris...

Good Luck,

AL

Well, Not "Too" long.

Tried Al's new probe = No Joy
Swapped Z circuit board = No Joy (Still think ribbon cables are flimsy CRAP and the root of the problems)
Swapped CPU (known good one) = No Joy
Swapped CPU (Possible issue one) = BIG TIME No Joy!! LOL
Swapped Z Motor (only one of them Al) = No Joy

Moral of the story? Probe still = NO JOY!

Oh well, if I can get it back to carving at least, guess I'll just have to draw by hand what I wanted to scan. Better brush up on my artwork I guess.

Can't afford to send it in and can't be without it carving. Hmmmm Catch 22 it seems.

Anyway, Thanks a bunch Al !! I'll bring the parts back tomorrow.

Got up Monday morning at 3:00 am and been at it non stop since. Gonna go fall down now and watch a little TV.

Good night all!! (it is night...right?)