PDA

View Full Version : Yankee Clock

ChrisAlb
06-30-2008, 08:54 AM
Hey folks,

Well, another Yankee fan covered. Went to see a DJ friend of mine a couple days ago to sell him my entire CD collection. I had a few raw carvings with me and when he saw this, un-sanded he said he just had to have it.

Still have a few finishing touches to do on the painting but almost there. He, like I, is a big Giants fan too. When I told him I was making a Super Bowl plaque for my Dad, he jumped on wanting one as well. We did have a Hell of season!!

ChrisAlb
06-30-2008, 09:21 AM
I almost forgot, the logo is actually carved not just painted. I don't have enough skill to paint like that by hand...LOL

Digitalwoodshop
06-30-2008, 12:41 PM
looks great in the photo but looks REALLY GREAT in person !!!!!

Very NICE !!!!!

Chris had a whole collection in his Motor Cycle storage box, some very nice carvings.

Excellent work !!!!

AL

gcioffi
06-30-2008, 03:56 PM
chris is veru nice

bello:D:D:D

painters use for wood ?

possible send web to buy ? is acrilyc color ?

LollyWood
06-30-2008, 06:36 PM
Chris,
You know I'm one of your biggest fans, and I get alot of great ideas from you more advanced carvers. But this one has one glaring mistake. I'm sure you were rushed when you did it. "There's a jankees logo where the Red Soxs logo should be." :p

Sorry bud, couldn't resist.

But like all your stuff I try to emulate, I have a question about the rim of the clock. I've have a couple good tests w/ the inner ring (clock face), but was stuck on how to edge it, till I saw your great project. A readers digest on how you did the outter edge rings, please? :)

castingman
06-30-2008, 06:44 PM
Chris,

I think an indians logo would fit perfect !!

Great job

Michael

ChrisAlb
06-30-2008, 06:48 PM
Bernie,

Don't hold it against me bud. I'm not even much of a baseball fan myself. Too many spoiled, cry baby billionaires in the game for me thanks. BUT, the customer is ALWAYS right? RIGHT? ...LOL

In any case, thanks so much for the kind words, I never thought (I'd) have a fan....Gosh...ME?....http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon11.gif

The outer ring is a pattern I made. I have several. Now if you like to purchase it, or even the whole clock, PM me.

Sorry buddy http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon9.gif but a guy has to make a buck somewhere, somehow, Right?

ChrisAlb
06-30-2008, 06:53 PM
Chris,

I think an indians logo would fit perfect !!

Great job

Michael

I can do any logo you'd like Michael. Did you guys see my JETS clock yet? For a friend who's a JETS fan.

Bill
06-30-2008, 07:16 PM
Chris,
Nice work, very nice http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

Fardoche
09-18-2009, 11:16 AM
Hi,

would you accept to share this file with us ?

this will be a gift for my son.

thanks!

Hey folks,

Well, another Yankee fan covered. Went to see a DJ friend of mine a couple days ago to sell him my entire CD collection. I had a few raw carvings with me and when he saw this, un-sanded he said he just had to have it.

Still have a few finishing touches to do on the painting but almost there. He, like I, is a big Giants fan too. When I told him I was making a Super Bowl plaque for my Dad, he jumped on wanting one as well. We did have a Hell of season!!

cnsranch
09-18-2009, 11:44 AM
Fardoche

Glad to see you on the Forum.

Keep an eye on the threads you're replying to - the last time a post was made on this one (before the post you just made) was June 30, 2008. Unlikely that you'll get a response.

ChrisAlb
09-18-2009, 12:21 PM
Fardoche

Glad to see you on the Forum.

Keep an eye on the threads you're replying to - the last time a post was made on this one (before the post you just made) was June 30, 2008. Unlikely that you'll get a response.

But then again, what do you know Jerry....lol....:p

That project is for sale. PM me for details.

cnsranch
09-18-2009, 12:22 PM
Where you been, Bub??

Glad to hear from you.

didn't mean to steal away a customer, just thought you moved to Siberia, or something.

PCW
09-18-2009, 12:35 PM
Chris,

Miss your contributions to the forum. Don't be a stranger. I see you made a move to NJ was that across the border or state.

DocWheeler
09-18-2009, 12:39 PM
Chris,

Miss your contributions to the forum. Don't be a stranger. I see you made a move to NJ was that across the border or state.

I'll second that! I miss your contributions here also.

ChrisAlb
09-18-2009, 12:43 PM
I miss being here as well folks. Thank you for the kind words and warm thoughts.

All I can say right now is that life has taken some sudden, unexpected and rather nasty turns for me. I'll do my best to get it all together and hope to join all you wonderful folks on a more full time basis again soon.

Right now, there is much to sort out and deal with.

Chris

PCW
09-18-2009, 01:07 PM
Chris,

Wishing you all the best.

Digitalwoodshop
09-18-2009, 01:22 PM
Chris really does QUALITY Patterns.... He is an ASSET to the CW Community... So much Talent there.... We are Lucky.

Drop Chris a PM, he might sell you the pattern?

AL

ChrisAlb
09-18-2009, 01:28 PM
Chris really does QUALITY Patterns.... He is an ASSET to the CW Community... So much Talent there.... We are Lucky.

Drop Chris a PM, he might sell you the pattern?

AL

MY BROTHER!!! How you been man? I really miss you buddy.

Hell, I miss everyone here...:(

TerryT
09-18-2009, 02:31 PM
NEW JERSEY??
Chris, if you gonna move should have made it Washington!
I hope things improve lots and very quickly my friend.

RayTrek
09-18-2009, 07:19 PM
Hi Chris,
The man the legend in these parts, I also am looking forward to hearing more from you when you can.
Ray

jpaluck
09-18-2009, 08:24 PM
Hope all works out well for you Chris miss giving you the MS Paint lines

Woodhacker
09-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Most excellent Chris. Like you, I am not much of a baseball fan (and for the same reasons). However, I have also carved a couple of BB things for folks who are. You do great work.

Richard

mtylerfl
09-18-2009, 10:22 PM
I miss being here as well folks. Thank you for the kind words and warm thoughts.

All I can say right now is that life has taken some sudden, unexpected and rather nasty turns for me. I'll do my best to get it all together and hope to join all you wonderful folks on a more full time basis again soon.

Right now, there is much to sort out and deal with.

Chris

Hey Chris,

Just saw your posts and am sure happy to "see you"! You've got a bunch of folks that really miss your input 'round here.

Sorry to hear about the "nasty turns" you are going through. Just say the word if you need help with anything - you'll likely have to fight off a stampede of us rushing to your aid!

Give me a call sometime if/when you feel up to it.

LollyWood
09-18-2009, 10:47 PM
Here, Here! You can count me in on the stampede Big Bro. any thing, any time!! (Echo) We really miss you round here.

ChrisAlb
09-20-2009, 06:57 AM
I wasn't sure where to post this but I thought this was as good a place as any.

First, to all the forum members who have posted on this and contacted me I simply can't thank you enough! The outpouring of warmth, love and support I've received is to say the least, overwhelming and there simply are no words to express my heartfelt gratitude and pride in knowing each and every one of you...:-D I am truly blessed!

I've received PM's, emails and phone calls from members of my wonderful family here that have all helped me realize that due to circumstances before, I had to put my passion for the CW, Patterns, Artwork and most importantly, helping folks here on the forum when I could on hold and as such, lost sight of that passion. Well, I'm back!! and I couldn't be more excited "again" about it.

So, to Ken (Doc), Jerry (CNS), Michael (mtylerfl) and of course my buddy Al (Who?), You are all family and the dearest of friends to me. Thank you all so much for helping me again see what I obviously lost sight of...http://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon11.gif That "true" friends and family are always there for you and one should never be afraid to reach out to them when needed.

I've been out of the loop for some time so it will take a couple days to get up to speed with the newest software and CW changes (if any) but the journey begins now....http://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon14.gif Today I'll be uploading around 30 or 40 new patterns to the depot. I've been sitting on them for way too long.

So from my deepest heart, May God bless you all and everyone on this wonderful forum. He certainly has me...http://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

Chris

EDIT: I've never put too much faith in astrology. It's more entertainment for me but I have my horoscope on my home page and I thought this one was, well,... entertaining given my new outlook again...lol

September 20, 2009 Daily Pisces horoscope:

Your brain has kicked into overdrive, dear Pisces, and at times you may feel like it is a runaway truck on a downward slope with no brakes and no turnouts. Although this may be a frightening thought for you, it is also an exciting one. The good news is that while on this crazy kamikaze path, you are likely to come up with brilliant ideas and ingenious thoughts that will bring tremendous progress to whatever projects you have in the works.

RayTrek
09-20-2009, 07:39 AM
Hi Chris

Just happen to be looking this morning at the last couple of days threads and I hear from you twice thanks for the kind words on the other thread you and every one else makes my day.
I am so happy that you have accepted the challenge of today, to create new and improved. I sent a little prayer for yesterday and was hoping you found a coin lost or thrown away and read the message on it from the big guy “In God We Trust”
Good on You Bro! And friend and thanks for getting back with us.
Talk soon ~ Ray, ver.1.153

ChrisAlb
09-20-2009, 07:45 AM
Hi Chris

Just happen to be looking this morning at the last couple of days threads and I hear from you twice thanks for the kind words on the other thread you and every one else makes my day.
I am so happy that you have accepted the challenge of today, to create new and improved. I sent a little prayer for yesterday and was hoping you found a coin lost or thrown away and read the message on it from the big guy “In God We Trust”
Good on You Bro! And friend and thanks for getting back with us.
Talk soon ~ Ray, ver.1.153

Thank you my friend! And I can assure you, your prayer has been answered. BIG TIME!

Your work is simply amazing buddy and I look forward to seeing many more years of it...http://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

Thanks Ray!

ajk
09-20-2009, 08:15 AM
we have been in the forum for a little time . we have to tell as far you almost be there for all of us sharing ideas and patterns. i am glad you are back. i can tell that big things are happening in our lifes but our faith is what keep us in track. as far we know you in your actions you are a great person from puerto rico our prayers. SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH.THIS FORUM SHOULD HAVE A SPELLING CHECK....

ajk & hilda

GOD GIVES US ALL THE MOMENTS FOR A REASON , WE WILL FOUND IT.

Kenm810
09-20-2009, 09:51 AM
Chris,

What a pleasant surprise, I was just catching up on the forum and saw some of your posts.
I just wanted to offer a Welcome Home wish and say I/we truly missed your Talent, Insite, and Humor.
We all appreciate folks like you, for sharing your carving projects and ideas,
which challenge our skills and broaden our knowledge of what these CW and CC Machines can really do.

Welcome back :cool:

ChrisAlb
09-20-2009, 12:46 PM
Ken,

Thank you sir! It's really good to be back in the saddle again. Guess I've got a lot of work to do to catch you guys on the post count again huh? LOL

Digitalwoodshop
09-20-2009, 12:52 PM
Welcome Home Buddy !!!!!

You have been MISSED !!!!

Good Luck with the pattern upload, your work is the greatest.

Take Care,

AL who

STEAM
09-20-2009, 01:27 PM
I'm glad to see you are back Chris. I should have said so in the other thread we were in yesterday.

supershingler
09-20-2009, 01:59 PM
hey chris

great to have you back on the forumn...i truly hope life get on the upturn soon for you. i was hoping that maybe you would pm me in august and say you were coming to sturgis. maybe next year... you have an open invitation

im looking forward to your imput in the future

hang in there.... sometimes you have to swing on a few branchs to get back to the top of the tree.

welcome back

kendall