PDA

View Full Version : I hope this works

Betty Woodall
06-29-2008, 09:48 PM
I would like to share with you some of the carvings we have made. What started out as a necessity became a hot selling item. My Husband groused about the containers on the counters holding the various spatulas, tongs and the like. So I asked him to make me a box for them all. He did and that is how it all started. We have been selling these utensil boxes ever since. I have not posted any pictures here yet and hope that I am doing this right. I read the threads on how to do it so here goes...BW

fwharris
06-30-2008, 12:57 AM
Betty,

Very nice looking boxes. Bet the husband is not grousing any more.

jspringertx
06-30-2008, 07:29 AM
What a great way to use the carver. You gave me some good ideas to try. How did you fasten the dividers to the front board?

Audie
06-30-2008, 09:03 AM
Betty,
Great idea and very nice work! Thank you for sharing...keep it up!
Audie

ChrisAlb
06-30-2008, 09:18 AM
Betty,

Those are really Great!! Very nice work indeed!

One little tip (for everyone) on posting pictures. When you save them, if you use the "Options" in the save dialog and reduce the jpeg Quality factor (compression) to roughly 70 or 80%, "Most" digital pictures can be saved in almost their original size and still be a small enough file to post.

That way, when we click on the thumbnail to view your beautiful work, we'll get a nice BIG picture to see.

Like this...this one I just took a few minutes ago. I didn't "re-size" the picture at all. I just saved it at 80% compression. (that amount will vary a bit from shot to shot)

Yankee clock - it's Only a 55.2 kb jpeg

Betty Woodall
06-30-2008, 06:05 PM
Thank you all for the compliments.
To answer the question regarding the dividers we slotted both the front and back of the boxes. The boxes range in size from 9 inches to 16 inches in length.
No, Rich doesn't grouse anymore. I think he may be afraid to say much because I might make more work for him. lol
Chris, I appreciate the input on how to get the pictures to enlarge. I was disappointed that I couldn't get them to enlarge enough to really show the details of the carvings.

Dan-Woodman
06-30-2008, 06:22 PM
Sounds like another TIPS post in order.
later Daniel

mtylerfl
06-30-2008, 09:32 PM
I would like to share with you some of the carvings we have made. What started out as a necessity became a hot selling item. My Husband groused about the containers on the counters holding the various spatulas, tongs and the like. So I asked him to make me a box for them all. He did and that is how it all started. We have been selling these utensil boxes ever since...

Betty,

What a super job - You guys are doing great work!

beachman
07-01-2008, 08:21 AM
very nice work