PDA

View Full Version : First Litho. Box

fwharris
06-26-2008, 08:41 PM
Note that I said "Box".

The litho. was carved by Sandbuoy as a request (plea, beg, etc) from me. Well actually he volunteered so I sent him a scan of the picture.
It is from the wedding announcement for the young couple. They are both located in the D. C. area. He is a canine handler in the Army and she is a personal Nanny. They were married on the 14th in Utah and will be here this weekend for a reception/party.

The box I built for it is 3/4" oak with a red oak stain and 3 coats of spray on lacquer ( 2 coats on the inside). Used the puc lights others have talked about here and a magnetic latch.

Again I want to thank Sandbuoy for carving this, he actually did 2 more. He has been egging me on to do a litho carving and he just might have done it now..

LollyWood
06-26-2008, 08:54 PM
FW & Sand,

That is a great looking project. I think the Carve and Box are as good as it gets. Congrats on a very nice project and great teamwork. :)

SandBuoy
06-27-2008, 12:28 AM
Yeah yeah FW, now tell them the real story. The one where you said you knew where I lived and threatened to come show me your new 175 cal. if I didn't do them for you.

I was more then happy to help you out with the litho FW. I know if you had had the corian at hand you could have done just as good of a job as I did. Look at all the carving you already did and tell me you couldn't have done the same.

You did the litho proud thou with a fantastic job of the box it went into. I sure hope you get some picture of the two kids looking at the litho for the first time. Its going to blow their socks off.

fwharris
06-27-2008, 12:57 AM
Well it kind of happened that way. it has been hard to keep his parents out of the garage this week. they are always wanting to see what I have been doing..

Bernie,
Thanks for the great comments. It was a joy working with Sandbuoy on this.