PDA

View Full Version : viewing my patterns

cowetaron
06-26-2008, 10:39 AM
I've enjoyed my machine very much, only had minor problems, here's my question. Is there any way to view a picture of all my pattern files and then print them to show to clients. I have not seen any information on this. I would like to make a catolog of all my individual files so my clients could pick through for a design. enjoy all the information from these forums. Thanks ron:)

Amonaug
06-26-2008, 10:47 AM
The only way I can think of is to take screenshots, edit in an image editor, print and compile them into a catalog.

bjbethke
06-26-2008, 11:32 PM
I save my patterns in a CD or DVD file. Each pattern has a file, with the MPC, PTN, MPW and three images. A screen print of the MPC, a negative and a positive image of the PNG image I used to make the PTN. I use WINXP, Thumbnails ICON function to view the folders; the image is displayed on the cover of the folder ICON. One CD will hold several 100 PTN files. Big job to make the CD’s, but it is easy to see and find your PTN’s.

MPW file would not upload, too large for a ZIP file, but the photos should show what I mean.

cowetaron
06-27-2008, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the input. I'll try that, sounds like a little work but if it will let everyone see what is available it may increase my client base. I'm still in the infant stage of working with this machine. But have been real pleased with its performance. And I really appreciate the forum here and all the help that is given.

ChrisAlb
06-27-2008, 02:16 PM
Ron,

This is something I've wanted from the beginning...sooooo....I sent this to LHR today. Never hurts to try.

Hey Folks,
How are things in the "big country"?
Would it be possible to provide us with a PTN viewer? I know it can be done as you already have one at the bottom of the Pattern list in Designer.

It sure would be a BIG help being able to "see" our patterns in our folders
and the image viewer in Windows.

There have been many crys out there in the forum for this so we folks can
print a catelog of sorts to show customers the patterns they can choose
from. As a vendor I can go the depot and take screen shots of mine but
others can't do this.

Trying to compile a bunch of "screenshots" is simply WAY to time consuming.

Thanks for any help on this one.

Chris

Thier Response:
Mr. Albrecht,

Thank you for your interest in the CarveWright/CompuCarve Designer Software. We will send your idea to the software engineers. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further comments/questions.

Omar
CarveWright/CompuCarve Support Team
(713) 473-6572

Audie
06-27-2008, 04:58 PM
Okay Chris, you are on it! That deserves coffee and a big slice of german chocolate cake. I am planning a road trip next summer and hope to get around to see some of the fantastic folks I've met on this forum. Hmmmm... call it a business expense! Yeah!

Audie

ChrisAlb
06-27-2008, 05:05 PM
Well Audie, don't expect miracles overnight but if I know the folks at LHR, it will go on their "To Do" list for sure. They really do strive to accommodate so we'll see.

liquidguitars
06-27-2008, 07:26 PM
when I need to print my projects, I use the Menu File/"print".

LG

ChrisAlb
06-28-2008, 04:55 AM
Okay Chris, you are on it! That deserves coffee and a big slice of german chocolate cake. I am planning a road trip next summer and hope to get around to see some of the fantastic folks I've met on this forum. Hmmmm... call it a business expense! Yeah!

Audie

LOL...I'll take the coffee buddy but after not working since November, I'm starting to LOOK like a big German chocolate cake!! http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_redface.gif

cowetaron
07-03-2008, 10:57 PM
hey, thanks for the responses. Sorry i have not responded earlier but ran into a very nasty virus that locked me out of my computer totally. had to do a complete restore and lost all my installed programs and files. fortunate that i had copied all my document files about 3 months ago. so i've just now got things almost back to normal. Hope that LHR works this into "our" programs. :)
lov'n what my machine can do. just took a cabinet door that i had made from some solid surface material i had left over from a job and carved some patterns in it over to a manufacturer they were very excited about what i had done. they want to see more. thanks again. ron

GrammaPam
12-12-2008, 10:54 PM
I must be searching incorrectly. I am looking for the info on how to find pattern files on my hard drive. Over time I have saved a few of the free patterns that I cannot open since they weren't saved in the library. If I could find the library file I might be able to copy the files to it? Does anyone out there know how to point me in the right direction?
Thanks
G.P.

bjbethke
12-13-2008, 12:37 AM
I must be searching incorrectly. I am looking for the info on how to find pattern files on my hard drive. Over time I have saved a few of the free patterns that I cannot open since they weren't saved in the library. If I could find the library file I might be able to copy the files to it? Does anyone out there know how to point me in the right direction?
Thanks
G.P.
Not sure what type computer you are using, but try to download another pattern. On the save window it will show you which folder they are installed.

ChrisAlb
12-13-2008, 06:17 AM
Thanks
G.P.

Hi G.P.

If you're using Windows, Go to Start/Search/For Files or Folders and do a search for *.ptn It will find all the PTN (pattern) files on your system.

I recommend creating a folder on your desktop called Pattern Files to put them in. Or, make sure you save them to your library.

TerryT
12-13-2008, 08:08 AM
I have a directory named "Carve" inside that are separate directories for patterns, MPW's and the MPC's I have created. I save all of my patterns to this directory. I don't like to load down designer with a ton of patterns that I'm not using. I just load them from the Carve directory when I need them.

GrammaPam
12-13-2008, 10:56 AM
It must have been late and I wasn't thinking correctly. Thank You all for your help.
G.P.