PDA

View Full Version : Stuck on Error 246

FINGERS
06-25-2008, 08:18 AM
Well going on 2 weeks with this error code, let's see I replaced the Y-motor no help and then the cut-motor no help now tec. (THINK'S) it could be the Z-motor or the power supply so they are going to send me a z-motor,but the motor is on back-order so it look's like I'll be down for 2 more week's there go's the 4th weekend what Blow's I was down last 4th also,I think I'll bill LHR for the tec-work as the machine is still under warrenty what do you think will that fly, I think not but I'll have spare part's, Let's see all I need is the power supply and I'll have a new machine. But when I can make stuff like this it keep's me going.
Carver For Life
Mike

DocWheeler
06-25-2008, 08:50 AM
Mike,

First, very nice carving and coloring. Of interest, a deer went by my window as I was looking at your carving.

You mentioned replacing the motors without solving the 246 error; I thought that the main cause of the error was either "binding" somewhere or bad connections with the ribbon cable (the motor not getting current). I would suggest checking the ribbon connection to the circuit board on the Y truck.

At least that is where my problem was last year.

Just my thoughts.

FINGERS
06-25-2008, 09:17 AM
Thank You for your complament on the carving it was a 4 hour carve and 2 days on the color, but as far as the machine all conections are good and I think it is the z-pack board but you can't tell that to the tec's they know better so I have to go thur the process of elimination but after replacing 2 or 3 parts you think they would like to see the machine, it must be cheeper to send me spare parts.
Mike