PDA

View Full Version : Friendship plaque

TerryT
06-25-2008, 07:12 AM
A rep from our local koi club is traveling to Florida, in part, to attend a koi show there. She asked us to make a friendship plaque that she could present to their club. This is what we came up with.

Kenm810
06-25-2008, 07:21 AM
Terry,

Really Nice looking project, it'll be a Great Presentation Plaque.

ChrisAlb
06-25-2008, 07:39 AM
Very nice Terry!! Beautiful work!!

But how dare you overwrite my fishing plaque...LOL :p

Just busting you of course!!

TerryT
06-25-2008, 07:53 AM
Very nice Terry!! Beautiful work!!

But how dare you overwrite my fishing plaque...LOL :p

Just busting you of course!!

Chris,
My apologies my friend. I'm afraid I have always lacked in "interpersonal skills". They have tried to re-train me but it dosen't stick. It has something to do with that "a**h*le" stamp on my forehead. :rolleyes:

BTW, your fishing plaque is a great piece of work. Hope you don't mind if I copy from you?

DocWheeler
06-25-2008, 07:59 AM
Terry,

Yep, that is one of the things that humble me!
Very nicely done.

ChrisAlb
06-25-2008, 08:02 AM
Chris,
My apologies my friend. I'm afraid I have always lacked in "interpersonal skills". They have tried to re-train me but it dosen't stick. It has something to do with that "a**h*le" stamp on my forehead. :rolleyes:

BTW, your fishing plaque is a great piece of work. Hope you don't mind if I copy from you?

Oh now...I don't believe that for a second buddy. Your skills are just fine.

Please by all means, copy away. I would have posted the MPC but the patterns are not mine. I will post the Frame design I made if you like.

TerryT
06-26-2008, 06:49 AM
Oh now...I don't believe that for a second buddy. Your skills are just fine.

Please by all means, copy away. I would have posted the MPC but the patterns are not mine. I will post the Frame design I made if you like.

Chris that would be great. I think there are quite a few folks on the board that would get great use of the frame.
Thanks.

ChrisAlb
06-26-2008, 07:56 AM
Here it is Terry.

This fits on a 9" x 15-3/4" Board. I set it up in a sled for a 9-1/4" x 16" Board.

I left the text because the settings are right for the carve. For those who want to maintain the settings, just highlight a text box, right click and choose "Edit Text". That way you can make the text say anything you want and keep the depth & height settings.

Of course you can scrap the whole deal and add whatever you like.

Enjoy!

Edit:
I almost forgot. If you notice in the cut list I've grouped the elements. Main group is "All" then "Tool Paths" then "Text". For resizing purposes, Simply select the "All" group and drag to whatever you like. This way, everything stays proportional.

Again, Enjoy! LOL

Dan-Woodman
06-26-2008, 05:38 PM
Chris
Thanks for the mpc.,that is a great design.
later Daniel

roughcut
06-26-2008, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the frame I used your text and added some of my own.My friend Bob caught this bass off my dock it's not the biggest one he has hooked the biggest was about 2 years ago it weighed a little over 11 pounds .May carve this out for him.

ChrisAlb
06-26-2008, 09:06 PM
There you go Bill, I like that!

Virginia Beach Carver
06-27-2008, 09:46 AM
I love the 3d fish what a great looking plaque....

www.go3d.us
06-28-2008, 05:01 PM
Wow, very nice looking plaque. Beautiful paint job on the koi as always.
HT