PDA

View Full Version : specific order in witch the carving gets done

bdehoyos
06-23-2008, 10:35 AM
Is there a specific order in witch the carving gets done so that in order to prevent problems you would lay them out on the project?

I guess is that does the order in witch the project was done will dictate the order it carves?

If I have 2 patterns with a cutout each and another 3 cutout without patterns in them

And they where layout on the board from left to right as follows

1 Pattern with cutout
2 Cutout
3 Cutout
4 Cutout
5 Pattern with cutout

When I ran this on the machine it:

First carved 1 (no cutout) (all the way to the right of the board , as expected)

Second it move all the way to the left and did pattern 5

Third than it cutout 5 (here I was expecting to go back to number 1 and cutout there)

Fourth it tried to move to the right of the board but the pieces of pattern 1 separated from the board creating problems.

Since the project did not finish I don’t know what was next. Would the machine go all the way to the left and star cutout pattern 1? And then 2, 3 and 4 in that order?

The patterns get carve from left to right on an inverted board so the machine carves right to left but the cutout does not follow this logic if it did it would carve pattern 1 and it’s cut out then the 3 cot outs then the last pattern and it’s cutout thus expelling the cut outs to the left allowing you to stop the machine and removed them (when appropriate)

Is there a way to specify the order of the cutouts?

Digitalwoodshop
06-23-2008, 11:20 AM
I have not narrowed it down yet but I have 2 files the same pattern with 2 ovals. One file it cuts the outside oval first the other the inside oval first.... I am going to do a test and copy the inside oval then delete it then paste it back and see what the machine does. Then do the same with the outside oval and see... It all comes down to the point when the machine compiles the project before loading on the card. How the cut path or when the cut path's were done has something to do with it.....

AL

I would try picking the last cut path you want cut and copy and paste it over again and work to the first one you want cut.

bdehoyos
06-23-2008, 11:37 AM
I think it has to do with the order in witch they where lay down on the designer

If I’m right and you are cutting out a doughnut like figure it would be safer to cutout the inside first and then the outside because if we cut the outside first then the pressure from cutting the inside might tear the holding tabs on the outside cut

BDH

ChrisAlb
06-23-2008, 12:17 PM
I haven't nailed it down yet either Al but to me it seems that it does any "original" items first. Any mirrored and or Copied items from those originals get done second.

I do know (or at least it's been my experience) that the order in which the elements are put on the board or listed in the cut list has nothing to do with the order of cuts.

The only thing for sure is....carvings are first, vector cuts are next and cut outs are last.

But like Al, I've had the same file cut in different orders on several occasions. The strange thing is, it's the same file on the card just run a second time??? The only thing I've noticed is that, when i leave the machine on and run the file again, it "sometimes" cuts in a different order. If I turn the machine off, then back on and run the same file, it cuts in the same order.

Yep, a mystery. Sure would be nice if we could control the order of cuts within the basic framework of, carvings first, vectors next, cut outs last.

bdehoyos
06-23-2008, 01:33 PM
We could add that feature to our wish list of software improvements

At least the ability to control the cutouts order

BDH